Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 20:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kaplan Verbal

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Kaplan Verbal [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2003, 08:13
Hi everyone, just looking for some feedback here...

I just took one of the four CATs on the Kaplan CD last night, and scored a 640 (50Q 34V), which is a bit of a killer since I hit 740 a month ago on PowerPrep, but from what I hear Kaplan has a rep for being a bit harder. But the main issue I have is that the RC might as well have been in Russian!! I have never read anything so obscure and technical in my life!! Granted, I hit the verbal section at about 2:00am, and I know that this is completely subjective, but can anyone comment on the "normalness" of the RC topics on the real thing. Also, Verbal in general in the OG seems so much clearer than Kaplan. I find myself stretching assumptions in Kaplan CR when I do not have to do so in the OG. I'm thinking this is because GMAC wants to avoid controversy on the real test, so the answers are cut and dry.

BTW, just registered for the GMAT on Sept. 3rd. Did anyone else get a weird, nervous feeling when they registered?? :-D
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2003, 12:56
I took a Kaplan last night as well and ur comments are right on. The verbal portion is nuts - unclear and ambiguous. One passage on Mythology is ridiculous - many of the questions feel like a poetry-interpretation class test - way too subjective.

Do you have any good sources from gmat grammar outside the regular material s/a kaplan, pr, etc.?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2003, 13:30
bholavi wrote:
I took a Kaplan last night as well and ur comments are right on. The verbal portion is nuts - unclear and ambiguous. One passage on Mythology is ridiculous - many of the questions feel like a poetry-interpretation class test - way too subjective.

Do you have any good sources from gmat grammar outside the regular material s/a kaplan, pr, etc.?

bholavi...

I really almost laughed when I read the mythology one...it was rediculous. I really like the Official Guide's verbal section, not only because it's easier, but also because the answers makes sense and are logical. Even if you get one wrong, when you go back you will understand what you did wrong - and hopefully it wont happen again. Also try the Kaplan verbal workout book. It's the one with a red cover. Good luck man - do you have any definte dates to take the test?
  [#permalink] 14 Aug 2003, 13:30