Kindly evaluate my profile and suggest the feasible schools in top rankings. (I am posting it again, as I thought it could have been missed in the first post). I would be highly thankful if you can suggest some schools where I can expect significant/full scholarships. Please suggest if any other information is required. Thanks.
C-DOT New Delhi, India
Telecom Technology Centre of Government of India that focuses on research & development of telecom products and technologies of national and strategic importance.
Research Engineer 2005-2010
Design and development of IP/MPLS router, a key element of communication networks.
1. Designed and developed key modules for IP/MPLS router
2. Led the demonstration of developed product to dignitaries and customers.
3. Developed the competition analysis model for IP/MPLS router
Senior Research Engineer 2010 - present
Technical marketing of C-DOT products and solutions
1. Played key role in initiating organization’s business with Indian Defence Forces
2. In-charge for organization's business with Defence Forces.
2. Converted several business leads of Defence sector to supply orders for organization
3. Editor of organization’s official newsletter
4. Drafted and implemented organizations formal handbook for marketing procedures
5. Developed cost estimates and coordinated procurement schedule for clients
6. Designed and implemented Six-Sigma project to get 30% reduction in the time of project proposal submission to customers.
Total: 720, Verbal: 41, Quantitative: 49, AWA: 6.0, IR: 8
MOTILAL NEHRU NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY Allahabad, India
B.Tech., Electronics Engineering June 2005
1. First with Honors; Top 5% of the class
2. Editor-in-chief of college magazine
3. President: literary activities club
4. First Place: debate competition, National level Cultural Festival at the Institute
4) Extra-curricular activities:
1. Co-authored a book of Hindi Poetry; the book got published in 2010
2. Lead a campaign for equal quality education to all children, while volunteering at CRY-a child rights NGO
3. Working with Scientology to translate the works of L. Ron Hubbard in Hindi
4. Certification in French, conversant in Urdu
5. Delhi Half-Marathon runner
5) Important certifications
Six Sigma green belt certification from Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi.
*Plan to take PMP before application
6) Your target programs.
Need suggestions on this
7) When you plan to apply?
8) Post-MBA goal.
General management/ project management. To work at middle/senior level position in some UN organization.
Age: 30 Years
I suspect the answer you are looking for is along the lines of:
- Wharton, 40% chance
- Duke, 50% chance
- INSEAD, 30% chance
- Oxford, 60% chance
Unfortunately, the process doesn't quite work like that!
Let's put it this way: by the looks of it, there are some STRONG characteristics about your profile that you should focus on (extra-curricular achievements, "process"-oriented nature of your work), and WEAK points that you should definitely address in one way or another (low GMAT score for an Indian candidate, engineering background, limited international exposure...etc). The bottom line is this: schools need to know about who YOU are as a person and why you've made the decisions to become who you are now.
This is not something that a post on this forum can answer!!
Good luck with the process. If you need further help, send me a PM.
You can also check mbaconnected . com