Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 03:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kindly evaluate my Profile

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Posts: 500
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Kindly evaluate my Profile [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2007, 10:22
Profile deleted...
Thanks a ton Paul!!

Last edited by yogeshsheth on 28 May 2007, 23:33, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 1676
Location: San Diego, California
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 0

Re: Kindly evaluate my Profile [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2007, 07:00
yogeshsheth wrote:
Hi Paul,

Please Please evaluate my profile
Considering an MBA in consulting.

My background: I have done my Computer Engineering from Mumbai University ( A 4 year degree course) from A graded college with 68% aggregate.
Extracurricular:
Vice chairman Computer Society India R.A.I.T (my degree college) Chapter.
Organised inter-collegiate cultural and technical festivals.
Participated in inter-collegiate technical paper presentations.
Won few inter-collegiate robotics competition.
Participated in elocution competitions in school and college.
Elected member of student council in college and school.
Active Table Tennnis and Cricket player.

I appeared for GMAT recently(second attempt) and scored 710 with 49 in Quantitative and 37 in Verbal and
AWA-4.5 ( Had a 590 in first attempt (q 49 v 22 awa 5.5)).
I have more than 2 years of International Experience as I have been working in Sweden for IKEA since 2005.
Total Experience: 3 years India MNC ( Tata Consultancy Services).

What are my chances at Oxford/Cambridge-UK , ISB -India , NUS- Singapore , Duke, Darden, Mays, Fisher,CMU - US ,Queens-Canada.
Could you please suggest some good schools in europe.

Kindly evaluate my profile let whether aim aiming too high or too low.
I am planning to apply for fall 2008 by then I will have 4 years of work-experience.

Thanks a ton!!!

Yogesh


Yogesh,

Your 710 GMAT, long stint in Sweden, and Tata experience will all help you stand out. Be sure you write a good, non-superficial essay about the cross-cultural experience of living in Sweden. I do not think you are aiming too high with the schools you listed. Your odds at Mays, Fisher, Queen's, ISB, and NUS are good. Your odds at Oxford, CMU, Duke, and Darden are decent. This is a good, shrewd mix of schools to target. As for other European schools to target, the following all place high percentages of grads in consulting: Rotterdam, INSEAD, and IESE. You could consider INSEAD one of your long-shot schools.

You may want to read Accepted.com's advice for Indian applicants.

Good luck,
_________________

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Posts: 500
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Re: Kindly evaluate my Profile [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2007, 10:57
pbodine wrote:
yogeshsheth wrote:
Hi Paul,

Please Please evaluate my profile
Considering an MBA in consulting.

My background: I have done my Computer Engineering from Mumbai University ( A 4 year degree course) from A graded college with 68% aggregate.
Extracurricular:
Vice chairman Computer Society India R.A.I.T (my degree college) Chapter.
Organised inter-collegiate cultural and technical festivals.
Participated in inter-collegiate technical paper presentations.
Won few inter-collegiate robotics competition.
Participated in elocution competitions in school and college.
Elected member of student council in college and school.
Active Table Tennnis and Cricket player.

I appeared for GMAT recently(second attempt) and scored 710 with 49 in Quantitative and 37 in Verbal and
AWA-4.5 ( Had a 590 in first attempt (q 49 v 22 awa 5.5)).
I have more than 2 years of International Experience as I have been working in Sweden for IKEA since 2005.
Total Experience: 3 years India MNC ( Tata Consultancy Services).

What are my chances at Oxford/Cambridge-UK , ISB -India , NUS- Singapore , Duke, Darden, Mays, Fisher,CMU - US ,Queens-Canada.
Could you please suggest some good schools in europe.

Kindly evaluate my profile let whether aim aiming too high or too low.
I am planning to apply for fall 2008 by then I will have 4 years of work-experience.

Thanks a ton!!!

Yogesh


Yogesh,

Your 710 GMAT, long stint in Sweden, and Tata experience will all help you stand out. Be sure you write a good, non-superficial essay about the cross-cultural experience of living in Sweden. I do not think you are aiming too high with the schools you listed. Your odds at Mays, Fisher, Queen's, ISB, and NUS are good. Your odds at Oxford, CMU, Duke, and Darden are decent. This is a good, shrewd mix of schools to target. As for other European schools to target, the following all place high percentages of grads in consulting: Rotterdam, INSEAD, and IESE. You could consider INSEAD one of your long-shot schools.

You may want to read Accepted.com's advice for Indian applicants.

Good luck,

Thanks a lot Paul!!
A question about from what I have heard is that placement statistics for non-french speaking people is not that gr8. How far is it true?
SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 1676
Location: San Diego, California
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 0

Re: Kindly evaluate my Profile [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2007, 15:06
yogeshsheth wrote:
pbodine wrote:
yogeshsheth wrote:
Hi Paul,

Please Please evaluate my profile
Considering an MBA in consulting.

My background: I have done my Computer Engineering from Mumbai University ( A 4 year degree course) from A graded college with 68% aggregate.
Extracurricular:
Vice chairman Computer Society India R.A.I.T (my degree college) Chapter.
Organised inter-collegiate cultural and technical festivals.
Participated in inter-collegiate technical paper presentations.
Won few inter-collegiate robotics competition.
Participated in elocution competitions in school and college.
Elected member of student council in college and school.
Active Table Tennnis and Cricket player.

I appeared for GMAT recently(second attempt) and scored 710 with 49 in Quantitative and 37 in Verbal and
AWA-4.5 ( Had a 590 in first attempt (q 49 v 22 awa 5.5)).
I have more than 2 years of International Experience as I have been working in Sweden for IKEA since 2005.
Total Experience: 3 years India MNC ( Tata Consultancy Services).

What are my chances at Oxford/Cambridge-UK , ISB -India , NUS- Singapore , Duke, Darden, Mays, Fisher,CMU - US ,Queens-Canada.
Could you please suggest some good schools in europe.

Kindly evaluate my profile let whether aim aiming too high or too low.
I am planning to apply for fall 2008 by then I will have 4 years of work-experience.

Thanks a ton!!!

Yogesh


Yogesh,

Your 710 GMAT, long stint in Sweden, and Tata experience will all help you stand out. Be sure you write a good, non-superficial essay about the cross-cultural experience of living in Sweden. I do not think you are aiming too high with the schools you listed. Your odds at Mays, Fisher, Queen's, ISB, and NUS are good. Your odds at Oxford, CMU, Duke, and Darden are decent. This is a good, shrewd mix of schools to target. As for other European schools to target, the following all place high percentages of grads in consulting: Rotterdam, INSEAD, and IESE. You could consider INSEAD one of your long-shot schools.

You may want to read Accepted.com's advice for Indian applicants.

Good luck,

Thanks a lot Paul!!
A question about from what I have heard is that placement statistics for non-french speaking people is not that gr8. How far is it true?


yogeshsheth,

Did you mean to type INSEAD? I don't have hard data on that, but that's a fair question to ask them directly about. Also check their website for a Employment Report that may break the placement data down by nationality. Last year, they placed 21% of their MBAs in Asia, which indicates they have success outside of the French/European market. INSEAD is such a strong name that I would be surprised if it didn't benefit all their MBAs, including the non-French-speakers.
_________________

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Posts: 500
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2007, 12:57
Thanks a lot paul will check their site..also ask them!!
SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 1676
Location: San Diego, California
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2007, 13:06
yogeshsheth wrote:
Thanks a lot paul will check their site..also ask them!!


You're welcome; good luck.
_________________

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Posts: 500
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 23 May 2007, 09:20
Hi Paul,

Wanted your opinion on whether the Indian IT demographic would hurt me as a candidate ? What should I do to minimise the damage?

After investigating a bit more I have prepared a short-list of schools that I will be applying to
Here's the list

Fuqua School of Business Duke University
Darden Virginia Unviversity
Tepper CMU
Goizeuta Business School Emroy University
McCombs University of Texas--Austin
Chapel Hill University of North Carolina
Krannert Business School Purdue University
Fisher Ohio State University
McDonough Business School GeorgeTown
Geogia Tech

Will probably cut down this list to about 8. What do you feel about my chances at these schools.

Thanks for your precious time.

Cheers
Yogesh
SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 1676
Location: San Diego, California
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 25 May 2007, 11:09
yogeshsheth wrote:
Hi Paul,

Wanted your opinion on whether the Indian IT demographic would hurt me as a candidate ? What should I do to minimise the damage?

After investigating a bit more I have prepared a short-list of schools that I will be applying to
Here's the list

Fuqua School of Business Duke University
Darden Virginia Unviversity
Tepper CMU
Goizeuta Business School Emroy University
McCombs University of Texas--Austin
Chapel Hill University of North Carolina
Krannert Business School Purdue University
Fisher Ohio State University
McDonough Business School GeorgeTown
Geogia Tech

Will probably cut down this list to about 8. What do you feel about my chances at these schools.

Thanks for your precious time.

Cheers
Yogesh


Yogesh,

B-schools don't want to have an entering class of all IT Indian males, so given that so many IT Indian males apply, you have to work harder to make yourself stand out and be the IT Indian male they let in. You do this by accentuating what's distinctive about you -- see my first reply to you.

I think your odds are decent to good at all these schools. Decent at Fuqua, Darden, Tepper, Texas, and UNC (I could see 2-3 admitting you if you execute well in your app); and good at Emory, Purdue, Ohio State, Georgetown, and Georgia Tech.

Good luck,
_________________

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Posts: 500
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 25 May 2007, 13:17
pbodine wrote:
yogeshsheth wrote:
Hi Paul,

Wanted your opinion on whether the Indian IT demographic would hurt me as a candidate ? What should I do to minimise the damage?

After investigating a bit more I have prepared a short-list of schools that I will be applying to
Here's the list

Fuqua School of Business Duke University
Darden Virginia Unviversity
Tepper CMU
Goizeuta Business School Emroy University
McCombs University of Texas--Austin
Chapel Hill University of North Carolina
Krannert Business School Purdue University
Fisher Ohio State University
McDonough Business School GeorgeTown
Geogia Tech

Will probably cut down this list to about 8. What do you feel about my chances at these schools.

Thanks for your precious time.

Cheers
Yogesh


Yogesh,

B-schools don't want to have an entering class of all IT Indian males, so given that so many IT Indian males apply, you have to work harder to make yourself stand out and be the IT Indian male they let in. You do this by accentuating what's distinctive about you -- see my first reply to you.

I think your odds are decent to good at all these schools. Decent at Fuqua, Darden, Tepper, Texas, and UNC (I could see 2-3 admitting you if you execute well in your app); and good at Emory, Purdue, Ohio State, Georgetown, and Georgia Tech.

Good luck,


Thanks a lot for encouragement Paul, Well found the advice for Indian applicants really helpful.

Cheers
Yogesh
SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 1676
Location: San Diego, California
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 29 May 2007, 08:11
yogeshsheth wrote:
pbodine wrote:
yogeshsheth wrote:
Hi Paul,

Wanted your opinion on whether the Indian IT demographic would hurt me as a candidate ? What should I do to minimise the damage?

After investigating a bit more I have prepared a short-list of schools that I will be applying to
Here's the list

Fuqua School of Business Duke University
Darden Virginia Unviversity
Tepper CMU
Goizeuta Business School Emroy University
McCombs University of Texas--Austin
Chapel Hill University of North Carolina
Krannert Business School Purdue University
Fisher Ohio State University
McDonough Business School GeorgeTown
Geogia Tech

Will probably cut down this list to about 8. What do you feel about my chances at these schools.

Thanks for your precious time.

Cheers
Yogesh


Yogesh,

B-schools don't want to have an entering class of all IT Indian males, so given that so many IT Indian males apply, you have to work harder to make yourself stand out and be the IT Indian male they let in. You do this by accentuating what's distinctive about you -- see my first reply to you.

I think your odds are decent to good at all these schools. Decent at Fuqua, Darden, Tepper, Texas, and UNC (I could see 2-3 admitting you if you execute well in your app); and good at Emory, Purdue, Ohio State, Georgetown, and Georgia Tech.

Good luck,


Thanks a lot for encouragement Paul, Well found the advice for Indian applicants really helpful.

Cheers
Yogesh


You're welcome.
_________________

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Kindly evaluate my profile VSHLLD 0 23 Jun 2012, 15:20
Experts publish their posts in the topic Kindly Evaluate My Profile Entwistle 1 06 Aug 2011, 06:04
Experts publish their posts in the topic Kindly Evaluate My Profile Entwistle 1 06 Aug 2011, 06:03
Kindly Evaluate My Profile Entwistle 0 06 Aug 2011, 05:46
Kindly evaluate my profile RaviKiran 1 22 Jan 2011, 09:55
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Kindly evaluate my Profile

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.