Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 772 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Last Month Prepping 30 Days Left! [#permalink]
I plan on taking at least 10 more tests in the next 30 days, I have a huge problem with pacing… In my last test I spent 5 min. on the first problem and got it wrong… They'll be sure to take breaks to :-)
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Here's the thing, 10 tests in 30 days is a waste of time. Or at least that's what I think. Instead, I'd suggest you take the GMAT Prep once and see what areas you need to work on. Then work on those areas by doing random practice problems for like a day or two and timing yourself as you do these problems. And then take maybe 4 or 5 more practice tests (including GMAT Prep retakes if you plan on doing that).

10 tests might wear you out, but if you feel like that'll help you work on stuff better, then by all means go ahead! :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
For sure do at least a couple of tests, just to help with the timing of the whole thing. I agree 10 may be overkill. If you used an error log, now would be a good time to go back through it.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
I took a total of 6! tests during my prep but I am a genius (no I am not).

Keep this in mind: no matter how many tests you take, if you don't have a good foundation, they won't help...

Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb wrote:
I took a total of 6! tests during my prep but I am a genius (no I am not).

Sure, sure. We all believe you took 6! = 720 tests. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi
I was also a lot concerened aboutpreparation for last month.
I took on GMAT Prep 1 on Aug 1st 2010 and 690. I wanted to target around 720 as my exam date was on 16th Sep 2010.I thought i had 45 days i could do it. I took leave from 4th sep to 16th sep.
i took around 16 tests (princeton - avg socre 600,knewton- 590, MGmat- avg score 660, gmat prep1 aug 1st - 690,gmat prep2 - sep 12th 690, score800). i thought that i could get 670 to 700.
In last 2 weeks i covered mgmat 5 maths books, mgmat sentence correction, powerscore crtical reasoning. till a week before gmat date say till 10th sep i was thinkg,eating,living, sleeeping gmat. but i donot know waht happened in last week (say from 12th sep after may betaking gmaptprep 2 and scored 690 again, i was very very disappointed that i could not improve from aug1st score to sep12th score same 690 in gmat prep1 as well as gmatprep 2. i completely lost interest as i was disappointed. last 4 days barely i did not study anything apart from awa, but the point is i LOST INTEREST. then finally i took exam on 16th sep and score was unimaginable 570 (q49,v20--my lowest ever) in all my practise tests.... i was schoked..........now i know i have to write again-------i know i lost this year-----the worst part-------i lost interest-----i am unable to start again-------MY POINT IS DONOT OVER DO IN LAST MONTH---KEEP YOUR INTEREST IN TEST TILL YOU WRITE IT ACTUALLY.......I FEEL LOSING INTEREST WAS MY MISTAKE---- I LOST IT A WEEK BEFORE- I THOUGHT I COULD NOT IMPROVE FROM 1ST AUG TO 12TH SEP EVEN THOUGH I PUT SOME MUCH EFFORT, TOOK SO MANY LEAVES I COULD NOT CROSS 700.... FINALLY IN ACTUAL TEST I COULD NOT TOUCH 600 ALSO............i need to start again.
My suggestion is DONOT LOOSE INTEREST TILL U TAKE THE ACTUAL TEST....... DONOT PUSH YOURSELF TO LIMITS ...... KEEP SOMETIME FOR OTHER ACTIVITIES IN YOUR DAILY ROUTINE APART FROM PREPARING FOR GMAT.
ALL THE BEST
TO YOU...
SVP
SVP
Send PM
I agree with the above post. You really need to take time for yourself. Too much of ANYTHING is bad. So do take breaks, indulge in a hobby or whatever you like even if it means watching the TV or eating popcorn or something. But keep in touch with the GMAT. unlike me. I've not done any problems in like a week :(

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Manager
Manager
Send PM
You need time to rest and let the information sink in. Take a look at this article: https://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/25/techn ... .html?_r=2

For a while I was cramming and working problems even while watching tv and spending time with my family. Then I'd lay down in bed at night and open up a GMAT app on my iPhone and answer questions until I couldn't keep my eyes open. I was getting burned out, because I was depriving myself of the time to just relax and let my brain store all this information :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
quality and not quantity is important
take few tests and avoid those errors in next tests
spend more time on analysing
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
cchilakapati wrote:
Hi
I was also a lot concerened aboutpreparation for last month.
I took on GMAT Prep 1 on Aug 1st 2010 and 690. I wanted to target around 720 as my exam date was on 16th Sep 2010.I thought i had 45 days i could do it. I took leave from 4th sep to 16th sep.
i took around 16 tests (princeton - avg socre 600,knewton- 590, MGmat- avg score 660, gmat prep1 aug 1st - 690,gmat prep2 - sep 12th 690, score800). i thought that i could get 670 to 700.
In last 2 weeks i covered mgmat 5 maths books, mgmat sentence correction, powerscore crtical reasoning. till a week before gmat date say till 10th sep i was thinkg,eating,living, sleeeping gmat. but i donot know waht happened in last week (say from 12th sep after may betaking gmaptprep 2 and scored 690 again, i was very very disappointed that i could not improve from aug1st score to sep12th score same 690 in gmat prep1 as well as gmatprep 2. i completely lost interest as i was disappointed. last 4 days barely i did not study anything apart from awa, but the point is i LOST INTEREST. then finally i took exam on 16th sep and score was unimaginable 570 (q49,v20--my lowest ever) in all my practise tests.... i was schoked..........now i know i have to write again-------i know i lost this year-----the worst part-------i lost interest-----i am unable to start again-------MY POINT IS DONOT OVER DO IN LAST MONTH---KEEP YOUR INTEREST IN TEST TILL YOU WRITE IT ACTUALLY.......I FEEL LOSING INTEREST WAS MY MISTAKE---- I LOST IT A WEEK BEFORE- I THOUGHT I COULD NOT IMPROVE FROM 1ST AUG TO 12TH SEP EVEN THOUGH I PUT SOME MUCH EFFORT, TOOK SO MANY LEAVES I COULD NOT CROSS 700.... FINALLY IN ACTUAL TEST I COULD NOT TOUCH 600 ALSO............i need to start again.
My suggestion is DONOT LOOSE INTEREST TILL U TAKE THE ACTUAL TEST....... DONOT PUSH YOURSELF TO LIMITS ...... KEEP SOMETIME FOR OTHER ACTIVITIES IN YOUR DAILY ROUTINE APART FROM PREPARING FOR GMAT.
ALL THE BEST
TO YOU...

Oh...That must have hurt very bad :(
One very genuine piece of advice to take away.
All the best mate !

Originally posted by dokiyoki on 26 Sep 2010, 04:11.
Last edited by dokiyoki on 26 Sep 2010, 23:37, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 256 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
and give the gmat when you are at peak.....i m sure you will do well.....take a break.....have partys....do whatever...then sit one day and start fresh....believe me it will do wonders.....work on your study plan.material as i feel these two are the most imp factors to crack the gmat apart from hard work!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Hi dokiyoki and suyashjhawar
thank you for your wishes.
waiting to start all over again
GMAT Club Bot