Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 20:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

LSAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 460 Q38 V17
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.56
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 134

LSAT [#permalink] New post 26 May 2012, 02:30
Is LSAT book helpful for CR performance ?Please suggest
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status: schools I listed were for the evening programs, not FT
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 3: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE: Research (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [1] , given: 50

GMAT Tests User
Re: LSAT [#permalink] New post 26 May 2012, 06:08
This post received
KUDOS
In my opinion, I think the CR on the GMAT and the questions on the official guide are sufficient for studying on CR.

I have taken the LSAT before and the logical reasoning on the test involves passages that are less straightforward and include question types that you will not see on the GMAT such as parallel reasoning or role of argument (and these almost involve a flaw).

To master the LSAT with a score above 160, you will have to knock down the sufficient (If) vs. necessary (then) condition on the logical reasoning portion of the test, ice cold. Many questions will test your ability to get this down. GMAT questions generally won't ever require you to consider such scenarios, even at harder levels of difficulty.

Besides, you will only get 11-13 of these anyway for the GMAT out of 41 questions in verbal, or 78 when including quant. On the LSAT, you get 51-52 of 100 total questions on the test. Because 51-52% of the LSAT is logical reasoning, so the testmakers will inevitably make problems that are much more difficult and convoluted to a point where such questions will not appear on the GMAT, even if you score in the mid 40's on verbal.

Also, I wouldn't suggest using LSAT reading comprehension as additional GMAT prep material. The passages are much longer than what you will find on the GMAT, and you will also have to understand sufficient vs. necessary conditions.

If there is a part in the verbal section you should study more, it's sentence corrections which show up more than other question types, but even then it's not much more than a third of all questions. You will get 15 at the very most out of 41.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: LSAT [#permalink] New post 30 May 2012, 03:08
http://www.beatthegmat.com/using-the-ls ... 66548.html

You may look at above link from david newland about how to study from lsat cr questions.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Re: LSAT   [#permalink] 30 May 2012, 03:08