Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 16:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA Norm !!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

MBA Norm !!! [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2008, 06:08
Hello,

I'm new here and i want to learn many things with you guys.
First of all in this topic i wanna discuss about admissions and to be more precise i want to discuss about MBA Norms, how are the files investigated to know the forte points.

Down I described the criteria that Governmental admissions officers use to evaluate the application in my country for Special Scholarships that the Government is offering.

Studies: 0 - 20 de points

70% average degree + 30% thesis diploma (and post university courses also)

Foreign languages: 0 - 5 points

Professional experience: 0 - 20 points

It gives between 0 si 15 points pentru professional experience:
 between 10 and 15 points if you have management responsabilities, coordinating people and resourcel;
 between 5 and 9 points if responsabilites that you had indicate an evolution into your career ( evolution in a career that is adapt to the field of activity and to requests of the professional environmet)
 Between 1 and 4 points if the responsabilities that you had indicate a stagnation or the candidate changed frequent the activities types
It gives between 0 and 5 points for the activity evolute in public administration
 5 points if he had/has the quality of civil servant
 3 points if he had/has the quality of contractual employee
1 point daca a fost intern/voluntar in administratia publica

Extra professional/ Extracurricular activity: 0 - 13 points
It gives between 0 and 5 points for involving in volunteer activity, project participation, clubs, groups etc. :

 5 points if he got 2 years of involving in volunteer activity, project participation, clubs, groups etc.
 3 points if he got at least 1 year of involving in volunteer activity, project participation, clubs, groups etc.
 1 point if it happened to be involved in volunteer activity, project participation, clubs, groups etc.

It gives between 0 and 3 points for a role of coordinating teams/resource administrate:
 3 points if you have management experience, coordinate people or resource for more than 6 months
 1 point if he had management experience, coordinate people or resource ... by accident (occured) or for less than 6 months
It gives, by officer appreciation between 0 and 5 points for specialty publications:
 5 points for books publish and articles in specialty publications (including co-author)
 3 points for at least 1 book published (including co-author)

 1 point for sporadic publications in specialty publications (including co-author)

Essays: 0 – 30 de points
Essay 1: It gives between 0 and 7 points for general impression on the essay. Maximum score can be get only if.

Essay 2: It gives between 0 and 7 points for general impression on the essay. Maximum score can be get only if.

Nr. Competence | Indicators | Instrument /evaluation method| Evaluation grating
Big value Low value no reflectionless
1 COMUNICATION – in writing | Vocabulary rich and proper | Essays evaluation 2 points 1 point 0 points
Clear expression, coherence ideas Essays evaluation
Informations/relevante exemples Essays evaluation
2 ADAPTABILITY/
FLEXIBILITY Understanding and acceptance of the diversity Essays evaluation 3 points 2 point 0 points
Proactivity in administrating in a efficient way of the change Essays evaluation
Exposer to new environment Essays evaluation in general
3 MULTIDISCIPLINARITY Knowledge/exemples from more speciality fields Essays evaluation 3 points 2 point 0 points
Studies/experience/interest in more discipline Essays evaluation in general
4 CAPACITY OF ANALYZING AND TAKING DECISIONS
Critical thinking/ analytical Essays evaluation 3 points 2 point 0 points
Maturity in thinking Essays evaluation
Taking and implementetion of decisions
Essays evaluation in general
5 LEADERSHIP/ LEADERSHIP POTENTIAL
Initiative Essays evaluation 3 points 2 point 0 points
The capacity of influence Essays evaluation in general
Orientation on performant rezult/ excellency Essays evaluation in general
6 TEAM WORK Conscious of the avantage in working on team Essays evaluation 2 points 1 point 0 points
The desire of working in team Essays evaluation
Support for the team colleagues Essays evaluation

Recomandation letters: 0 - 3 points
General impression on the candidate file: 0 - 7 points

Bonus: 0 - 17 points
1. Studies and scholarships overseas
2. Test and certifycations
3. The acceptance in a graduate university oversea
4. The obtaining of prizes and distinctions, rezults at contests (including mentions) in the undergraduate period

Penalty : 0-10 points
Situations:
 the file is negligent
 Essays contains gramatical errors, sintax...

Oooka... and this is kind of it.

In the next posts i want to determine the strategy by which YOU maximize your MBA adimisson.

Together, we can turn your vicious cycle into a virtuous cycle - where good results motivate you and encourage you to study, which leads you to even better results.
:musband :punk
JustDeals//
MBA Norm !!!   [#permalink] 30 Jan 2008, 06:08

MBA Norm !!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap