Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 08:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA Profile Evaluation Request

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

MBA Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2011, 01:30
Hello everybody,

I am planning on applying to several U.S. business schools this upcoming Fall for 2012 admission next year.My key statistics are as follows:

Nationality: Canadian
Ethnicity: Half-Pakistani, Half-Dutch (Not sure how important this is)
Undergraduate: Carleton University (Canada) 3.6 GPA Commerce degree with a concentration in finance (Highest Honours)
GMAT: 700
Work experience: Will have 3 years of experience by matriculation, with approximately 1 year being domestic as an associate at TD Bank Financial Group in commercial banking in Canada, and 2 years being international as an equity research analyst at NBK Capital in Dubai in the FIG group, covering the Middle East and North African region.
Entrepreneurial Experience: Co-founded a real estate holding and investment firm in Canada in my first year of university with funds I saved from working at a gas station. Went on to acquire, develop, and subsequently manage several apartment building while attending school full-time.
Extracurriculars: Co-founded the International Literacy Foundation in 2010, which is an international not-for-profit organization focused on literacy promotion. Have completed projects in Canada, Pakistan, and Kenya thus far which have revolved around refurbishing, renovating, and expanding libraries at orphanages and poorly funded schools. Additional extracurricular involvement includes being an advisor on the Sprott Investment Fund (Student-run endowment fund at undergrad university), in addition to being active as an undergrad in the finance and business clubs.
Post-MBA Career Goals: (Short-term): Real Estate Investment Banking, Real Estate Development. (Long-term): Continue building real estate development firm up into an actual business entity until the point where I can pursue a full-time role in the company.

Essentially I was wondering what you thought my chances were of admission to Columbia, NYU, Dartmouth, Cornell, Harvard, and Wharton are.

I was thinking I would push the real estate goals for schools like Wharton and Columbia, and maybe not so much for some of the other schools which are more general management oriented (Harvard, Dartmouth). I am looking forward to hearing back from you, and thank you for your time and consideration.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton (int); Booth (int)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

Re: MBA Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2011, 14:57
You seem to have a solid profile to be competitive at the schools you have listed. Obviously a strong set of essays should yield you a handful of interviews, but if you are dead set on attending school in 2012, I would consider adding another safety school to the mix.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: MBA Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2011, 21:43
You have a very competitive profile. However, most of the aspirants who apply to these school are competitive and qualified. Your challenege will be to execute your application to ensure that your strength is reflected well on the application.

Regarding goals, your MBA school should not define what goals you have but the goals should help you figure out where you want to go. You can definitely talk about your goals to any General Management school.

Good luck!
Re: MBA Profile Evaluation Request   [#permalink] 11 Feb 2011, 21:43