Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Apr 2014, 21:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA Programs on the rise

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

MBA Programs on the rise [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2010, 13:21
Hi,

What programs does everyone think are on the rise? Meaning programs that may not be in the Top 10 or Top 20 now, but that will probably be there in 5-10 years?

Also, what programs do you think are losing prestige?

I think programs that emphasize entrepreneurship are going to rise, and programs that emphasize finance and wall street are going to decline.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: MBA Programs on the rise [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2010, 20:11
I suppose it's worth starting with looking at some of those schools that jumped straight into the FT rankings this year - HKU and then those that plummeted out like NUS!!
Current Student
Schools: Emory 2012
WE 1: 1 yr proprietary trading
WE 2: 2 yrs global ibank in municipal derivatives
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: MBA Programs on the rise [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2010, 18:51
I don't expect the top 8 to go anywhere anytime soon. I think you'll see schools rise and fall in the rankings, but to guess which school (if any) will make the top 10 means picking schools in the top 10 to drop out.

I'll play the game, and this isn't really a surprise. I think Yale is on the rise. Dean Synder is awesome and will really help expand their reputation to also include being good at finance. The University as a whole has an excellent reputation, and it's one of those things that you could tell someone with no knowledge of B-school rankings, and they'd believe it without batting an eye. If you told someone without any knowledge of b-schools that Yale is number 5 overall in b school, they would have no reason to doubt that. They're a top 3 undergrad institution, a top 3 law school, a top 10 med school, why should anyone doubt that they can be a top 10 b-school.

I don't really want to pick a school to fall out, but realistically, NYU seems like the most logical candidate.

I'm also very biased here, but I do expect Emory to rise within the rankings to be a top 20 program within the next 8 years. I don't think they're a candidate to crack the top 10, but I'm making a pretty big bet that they rise into the top 15-20.

http://www.mbavolunteers.org - check it out

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

Re: MBA Programs on the rise [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2010, 01:11
thanks for sharing.
Intern
Intern
WE 1: 11 years of Semiconductor Design and Leadership.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: MBA Programs on the rise [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2011, 15:11
UCSD is another school which is rising fast, atleast in expectation. They are expecting accreditation this year. I am very curious where they will end up.
Re: MBA Programs on the rise   [#permalink] 01 Apr 2011, 15:11