Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Nov 2014, 08:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MGMAT Practice Tests - Difficulty Level & Results

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 600 Q49 V25
GMAT 2: 650 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.5
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

MGMAT Practice Tests - Difficulty Level & Results [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2010, 08:32
I was trying to find this kinda thread on the forum but wasnt able to, Forum moderators please guide me to the right place if I am not already. It'll be good to know the scores of all the people who gave MGMAT practice tests and how difficult they found them :

I have give three MGMAT tests, and scored

Test 1 :620 V31, Q43
Test 2 :320 V23 (did not take quant)
Test 3: 600 V34 Q39

On all three occcasions , I have been unable to finish any of the verbal or the Quant sections on time.
I especially found the Quant to be very tough, (on both occassions I fell short by 8-10 questions i.e. unable to finish on time), and I say this coz I consider myself OK in Quant. I am able to breeze through th OG12 & QR questions in time with more than 90% accuracy. For you to keep my situation in perspective : I gave GMAT prep I & scored 640 (Q48, V30).

Any comments on how to interpret these scores and what should be my strategy going forward ? How are other people finding Quant in the MGMAT tests ??

It'll also be good to know about the Verbal section, how are people finding that in the MGMAT tests ? I know I always ask this, but any tips to increase speed in the verbal section (apart from more practice).

Thanks
Shane
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
WE 1: 2 yrs - Oilfield Service
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 70 [1] , given: 7

Reviews Badge
Re: MGMAT Practice Tests - Difficulty Level & Results [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2010, 09:07
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Shane,

The MGMAT tests are definitely challenging, and from what I have seen, you can expect a 30 point increase above what you score on them, when fully prepared for the GMAT.

However, they really help you develop time strategies, and I suggest you try to complete the rest of them in test environments. The quantitative section is especially challenging time-wise, since some of the problems can be rather convoluted. The verbal reasoning and comprehension questions can also be ambiguous, but still help you think like a test-taker.

After 2 MGMAT tests where I scored 720 and 730, while my average in another practice tests was closer to 760, I really sat down and reviewed the two tests to see where I was lacking. I managed to develop a quicker way to read through lengthy problems, and most importantly, to skip questions I have no idea about. This helped me get up to 770 in my third MGMAT exam.

So my last word is that MGMAT tests, though challenging, are really good practice.

As for verbal speed, my own strategy is to do my sentence correction questions really quick. I get the easie, shorter ones done in 20-30 seconds, and don't waste time double-taking. With CR's and RC's it is really important that you get into the habit of reading thoroughly once so that you don't have to keep going back and reading. Knewton calls that reading with "glazed eyes", and the only way to avoid that, sadly is practice. Another way is to take notes in your scatch paper while reading.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 600 Q49 V25
GMAT 2: 650 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.5
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: MGMAT Practice Tests - Difficulty Level & Results [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2010, 10:23
AbhayPrasanna wrote:
Hi Shane,

The MGMAT tests are definitely challenging, and from what I have seen, you can expect a 30 point increase above what you score on them, when fully prepared for the GMAT.

However, they really help you develop time strategies, and I suggest you try to complete the rest of them in test environments. The quantitative section is especially challenging time-wise, since some of the problems can be rather convoluted. The verbal reasoning and comprehension questions can also be ambiguous, but still help you think like a test-taker.

After 2 MGMAT tests where I scored 720 and 730, while my average in another practice tests was closer to 760, I really sat down and reviewed the two tests to see where I was lacking. I managed to develop a quicker way to read through lengthy problems, and most importantly, to skip questions I have no idea about. This helped me get up to 770 in my third MGMAT exam.

So my last word is that MGMAT tests, though challenging, are really good practice.

As for verbal speed, my own strategy is to do my sentence correction questions really quick. I get the easie, shorter ones done in 20-30 seconds, and don't waste time double-taking. With CR's and RC's it is really important that you get into the habit of reading thoroughly once so that you don't have to keep going back and reading. Knewton calls that reading with "glazed eyes", and the only way to avoid that, sadly is practice. Another way is to take notes in your scatch paper while reading.

Good luck!

Thanks Abhay
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 36

Re: MGMAT Practice Tests - Difficulty Level & Results [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2010, 10:43
AbhayPrasanna wrote:
Hi Shane,

Good luck!

That is very good advice. Thanks. I will refer to this later in my studies :)
Re: MGMAT Practice Tests - Difficulty Level & Results   [#permalink] 17 Jun 2010, 10:43