Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 04:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MGMAT's difficulty level

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Schools: CBS
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

MGMAT's difficulty level [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 10:58
Hello all,

I gave two tests of MGMAT and scored 660 and 680 respectively. I didn't really read too much into the one I got 660 because I wasn't really focussed while giving the exam. But, what bothered me was the difficulty level of questions on MGMAT. I found them tougher than OG. I practice around 50 questions in Quant on OG and mostly score more than 95%. But, when I started taking tests on MGMAT, I found Quant's difficult level to be higher. That made me question the validity of the difficulty level of the tests. What are your experiences regarding this?

Kaplan: 690
GMATPrep: Before any preparation 650.

On a side note, will retaking the first GMATPrep test result in duplicate questions? (I don't want to expire both the tests)

Thanks,
krishna
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 600 Q49 V25
GMAT 2: 650 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.5
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: MGMAT's difficulty level [#permalink] New post 27 May 2010, 10:06
I took MGMAT 1 and scored 600, was kinda disappointed, but seems MGMAT is difficult. See the past thread link below:

http://gmatclub.com/forum/mgmat-cat-difficulty-later-easier-than-earlier-65509.html

The same situation was with me that I was scoring weel in OG maths but MGMAT quant was tough.

Best of luck for your exam.

Shane
Manager
Manager
Schools: CBS
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: MGMAT's difficulty level [#permalink] New post 27 May 2010, 11:28
shaneforu wrote:
I took MGMAT 1 and scored 600, was kinda disappointed, but seems MGMAT is difficult. See the past thread link below:

http://gmatclub.com/forum/mgmat-cat-difficulty-later-easier-than-earlier-65509.html

The same situation was with me that I was scoring weel in OG maths but MGMAT quant was tough.

Best of luck for your exam.

Shane

Thanks for your post. I heard it from multiple people that the first two tests are designed to be more difficult than others. Still have 4 tests to go in MGMAT. Will keep posted on my progress. :)
Re: MGMAT's difficulty level   [#permalink] 27 May 2010, 11:28