Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Oct 2014, 05:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Mid May Date

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Mid May Date [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2004, 08:14
Hello everybody and thank you for all the great advice on this site. I have been using PR and OG for the past few months and I am feeling pretty frustrated. I really only need 650+ for the schools I am applying (need solid quant scores in the 45) for but I am struggling on it big time. I took the test mid feb and ended up cancelling b/c test was much harder than any practice questions I've seen.

PR1 - 460
PR2 - 480
PR3 - 500
PR4 - 520

I have little over 20 days to crank through but given my state, thinking about pushing the test date out. Can anyone suggest a good cram schedule.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 24

Kudos [?]: 177 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2004, 08:58
Given your PR scores, I would recommend you to practice questions on this board and try out Kaplan. PR scores are usually pretty representative of the score you may get on the actual exam. Since you already used the OG, your PP score may be skewed upward. While Kaplan will help you boost your math comprehension and solving speed, problems on this board will help you fine-tune your skills.

I cannot but emphasize the word "practice". Keep practicing. However, you have to do so in a methodical manner. You have to understand where you made your errors and go back to those problems after a few weeks to see if you mastered the concept. If you are not sure about certain concepts, post them on this board and see what people think or how people will solve it. Ask question! Do not be afraid of asking questions however stupid you may think they are as it will help other people and yourself better understand the same problems. Sometimes, it is certain basic concepts that are forgotten as GMAT math is base on college math which is for most of us, light years away. For instance, people tend to forget that 0 is neither a positive nor negative integer but it is an even number. Also, there are certain math "tricks" which will help you better solve slightly tougher math problems. For example, can you find the units digit of 3457^358?

All I can say is visit this board and you will find much useful advices given. Just participate and you will see the benefit of doing so. Good luck

Best Regards,

Paul

[#permalink] 17 Apr 2004, 08:58