Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 11 Jul 2014, 20:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

More Practice Tests

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
CEO
CEO
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 173 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
More Practice Tests [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2007, 11:35
Ive got one MGMAT test left im takin tomorrow.

What other tests can I use?

Used GMATPreps. Does reinstalling them really do much? I retaken portions of the GMATPrep to see the harder questions. I bet this will have an impact on my score (i.e. majorly inflated).

I have pretty much banned Kaplan, I took a glance at the Kaplan tomb the other day and threw in back in the closet out of disgust :P.

Im takin challenges now. These are good for quant.

Have no reliable verbal practice except the 1000's, but no explanations. So far ive been doin fairly well on the 1000's, but i want some explanations.

1000 CR's... These are pretty iffy and a lot of times I find bugs in the gmatter software with these. Also, when i look back to the OG, many of the CRs are just so different.

No explanations, so this is a big downside here as well. SC its ok cause if i get it wrong I can usually see why. 1000 CR's are a different story.

RC's: Exhausted the MGMAT stuff yesterday. 1000 RC's, not bad practice but this has got some major bugs in it as well. Some passages just cut off in random spots. This can get annoying. But I guess its good practice and I don't really need explanations here.

So I bought the CR Bible for some additional practice.

Verbal is killing me right now and I can't figure out why.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 77

Kudos [?]: 691 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2007, 11:52
You can use the old paper tests, some of the stuff is out of the OG but a lot isn't.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: More Practice Tests [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2007, 11:56
GMATBLACKBELT wrote:
Ive got one MGMAT test left im takin tomorrow.

What other tests can I use?

Used GMATPreps. Does reinstalling them really do much? I retaken portions of the GMATPrep to see the harder questions. I bet this will have an impact on my score (i.e. majorly inflated).

I have pretty much banned Kaplan, I took a glance at the Kaplan tomb the other day and threw in back in the closet out of disgust :P.

Im takin challenges now. These are good for quant.

Have no reliable verbal practice except the 1000's, but no explanations. So far ive been doin fairly well on the 1000's, but i want some explanations.

1000 CR's... These are pretty iffy and a lot of times I find bugs in the gmatter software with these. Also, when i look back to the OG, many of the CRs are just so different.

No explanations, so this is a big downside here as well. SC its ok cause if i get it wrong I can usually see why. 1000 CR's are a different story.

RC's: Exhausted the MGMAT stuff yesterday. 1000 RC's, not bad practice but this has got some major bugs in it as well. Some passages just cut off in random spots. This can get annoying. But I guess its good practice and I don't really need explanations here.

So I bought the CR Bible for some additional practice.

Verbal is killing me right now and I can't figure out why.

StartupAddict's strategy of making his own practice tests using materials from the numerous question banks was a good way to prep. I definitely plan on doing this eventually.

As for explanations, that's what these forums are for! Post the ones that you think are strange and we'll try to pick them apart.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 173 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2007, 12:45
Def. posting on the forums helps a lot. However, I still see vast differences from CR's in the 1000's to the OG's and even the GMATPrep's. Just can be a confindence killer sometimes.

LSAT's are great material though. Keep those commin.
Current Student
Schools: Emory class of 2010
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2007, 12:49
I say use Kaplan. Using Kaplan is better than redoing old problems over and over. The only issue with Kaplan is they try to use tricky wording or very difficult RC's to make it unrealisitic, but the concept of practice is the same. I think that if you can score mid to high 600's on a Kaplan CAT, you can get well over 700 on the real GMAT. I agree, they aren't nearly as good as the GMATPrep software, but if you've exhausted those, why not the Kaplan next. It can't hurt.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2007, 14:27
I would not use Kaplan for verbal. If you see what most people post on here about them, it's that Kaplan's verbal bears no resemblance to the real thing.

I am using PR for verbal and it has been very useful.
  [#permalink] 12 Oct 2007, 14:27