Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:16 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations and Management Science
Schools:Michigan Ross
GPA: 4.0
WE 1: Research and Development, Statistical Modeling, and Predictive Analytics
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: MS Finance after MBA? [#permalink]
Thanks for the reply! I agree that two masters degrees will take up valuable time as well as money! I guess then getting a CFA might be a better idea. A MSc Finance (Princeton, NYU, Duke, Oxford, LBS etc...) will take 1 year. Another option can be to do a 1 year MBA then get a 1 year Masters in Finance. I guess I will have to take a call once I complete my MBA program and join the industry.

Thanks again!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I'm doing my MS in Financial Engineering after doing my MBA. Don't regret it at all. The focus you gain from specifically studying subjects in finance is truly beneficial. It's definitely a decision to make due to the costs you will incur, but if you can manage it and it really is what you want to do I would say go for it. Just make sure you pick the right program for you. Don't worry about the rankings so much but rather the location of where you want to be. I've learned most universities that offer these specific programs in finance are all great institutions. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
having multiple degrees in a very closely knit subject, will not improve your income much, however if this is a self fulfilling endeavor and would make you feel proud of yourself it is a different story. if you really looking for more creditability for your resume there are far better choices ; but if you will work for yourself it would be debatable.... one thing, which is know is: being a professional student will not pay, and in the job market experience is the big decider for job recruitment.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i am doing Btech mechanical plus mba (5 years), i plan to do MS in finance after this and my mba is also in finance. can i do like this? i mean do people go for MS after mba n both in same fields
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Prior to your MBA you should have work experience. So doing a BS, then an MBA then a MS unless you want to then do a phd you are going to actually put yourself at a disadvantage. People still really prefer work experience to academics in certain fields.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Is it advisable to pursue Msc finance for a MBA graduate with a couple of yrs of experience?? Do top universities grant admission to such students?

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
MS Finance after MBA? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hey akshuv08,

Is your 2 year work ex. in the financial services field?
It really depends upon how you portray your experiences and if you are able to justify why you want to get a second masters degree.
I will be able to suggest better if I have more details about your profile. Can you take up this short profile evaluation so that I am able to understand your profile better?
Here's the link: https://mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation?gcf
Will suggest schools accordingly
GMAT Club Bot
MS Finance after MBA? [#permalink]
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts