Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 00:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

multiple attempts

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

multiple attempts [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2005, 05:46
Linda i took the Gmat 4 times

1) 420
2) 500
3) 490
4) 660

is it gonna hold against me badly that i took the test so many times. Or are unis flexible with the idea of applicats tryin till they reach the range ?
my Q48 V36 ..

I was initially lookin at yale and UCLA & USC marschall but now i guess iwould have to change my choices... i am 23 yrs of age with 3 yrs of work exp by the time i start the course ... kindly advice
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 339 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: multiple attempts [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2005, 15:26
Expert's post
k12345 wrote:
Linda i took the Gmat 4 times

1) 420
2) 500
3) 490
4) 660

is it gonna hold against me badly that i took the test so many times. Or are unis flexible with the idea of applicats tryin till they reach the range ?
my Q48 V36 ..

I was initially lookin at yale and UCLA & USC marschall but now i guess iwould have to change my choices... i am 23 yrs of age with 3 yrs of work exp by the time i start the course ... kindly advice

Schools will not look down on the fact that you took the GMAT multiple times. They will consider your highest score.

Assuming you have good grades and work experience you can still apply to USC Marshall and UCLA, although I agree that your chances aren't great, especially at UCLA, but you should also apply at less competitive schools where you are more likely to gain admission.

Good luck!

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog