Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Dec 2014, 07:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MULTIPLE GMAT SCORES

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

MULTIPLE GMAT SCORES [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2003, 09:46
does anyone know what the policy is about taking the gmat twice and having two scores? i have heard ALL schools take the higher score but is that DEFINITELY TRUE or is it a rumor? (do they average them, do they take the more recent) does anyone know of a place on the web where this is stated? i'm afraid of taking it and doing much worse and ruining my first score.

the reason why i am asking is because i took the test july 14th and did ok, but think i got a weird draw. i have always been extremely strong in quant and weak in verbal, and i got an unbeleivably hard quant section and an easy verbal section. as a result i did better in verbal. that had never happened before.

also 1) - how much knowledge do people think can be lost in the span of about 3 weeks? i don't feel as if i have lost anything. i'd like to hear peoples thoughts.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

they don't average [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2003, 17:19
I've never heard of any b-school that averages scores. Check out the info on the sites of the schools you're applying to, but I'm pretty sure that all of the top schools at least take the highest score.

You won't forget much in three weeks, but it wouldn't hurt to do more practice problems and/or another test before you retake.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2423

Kudos [?]: 10429 [0], given: 3784

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: MULTIPLE GMAT SCORES [#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2003, 11:56
Expert's post
goldsjo wrote:
does anyone know what the policy is about taking the gmat twice and having two scores? i have heard ALL schools take the higher score but is that DEFINITELY TRUE or is it a rumor? (do they average them, do they take the more recent) does anyone know of a place on the web where this is stated? i'm afraid of taking it and doing much worse and ruining my first score.

the reason why i am asking is because i took the test july 14th and did ok, but think i got a weird draw. i have always been extremely strong in quant and weak in verbal, and i got an unbeleivably hard quant section and an easy verbal section. as a result i did better in verbal. that had never happened before.

also 1) - how much knowledge do people think can be lost in the span of about 3 weeks? i don't feel as if i have lost anything. i'd like to hear peoples thoughts.

You should not lose much in 3 weeks, but continuing to refresh and practicing is a must. After you take the GMAT and decide that you don't need what you learnt, you will probably forget it all in about 2 weeks.

I have heard about the higher score policy. I don't think there is a need to average, so kick that out of your head.

Reasoning from teh opposite, what if they do average? The only way to improve that is to re-take anyway. (I don't think they average though)

-=-
Intern
Intern

scores [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2003, 02:56
wharton , mit , kellogs, chicago, michigan, harvard, stanford all thake the max scores

do check with the schools you are interested in
scores   [#permalink] 29 Jul 2003, 02:56