Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 04:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

my profile

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

my profile [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2005, 10:21
hi scott,

I am from India; completed Bachelor of Engineering(Comp Science) with distinction(79%).

My GMAT score-730 (quant-51, verbal-36).

I have 4 years of work ex in marketing for a networking firm, and at present I am managing a team of 5 people.

My area of interest is finance. In fact, my long term goal is to start a firm, in India, to provide banking solutions.

I have attached my resume please have a look of it.

I think some of the weaknesses in my canditature are-
1. The college from which I did graduation is not well known.
2. I am working in a small company. The company was started in 2001 and I am working in it since the very beginning.
3. I don't have any international exp.

After considering all these things, do you think I have any realistic chance of getting into top 10 universities, especially MIT, chicago and UCLA?

Thanx.
Attachments

File comment: My Resume
Resume4[1].doc [32 KiB]
Downloaded 47 times

To download please login or register as a user

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Veritas Prep Representative
Schools: Kellogg MBA 2004
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 43

[#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2005, 08:41
Expert's post
Hello,

I wasn't able to view your resume, but at first glance I would say that I'm concerned about your lack of community involvement. Do you have any experiences like that. That's one of the best ways that you can separate yourself from a very competitive applicant pool. Don't worry about your other concerns (unkown school, small company) as much. What YOU did at these places is much more interesting to adcomms than what company/school you came from.

Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep | GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | Co-author, Your MBA Game Plan

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews