Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 16:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My Study Plan

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 39

GMAT ToolKit User
My Study Plan [#permalink] New post 14 May 2010, 13:54
What I have done so far. Dabbled. A little playing with my ipod apps, little bit of trying out questions here on GMATclub, perusing various websites and finally yesterday actually taking the 1st GMATPrep test. What am I planning to do now. Based on my score I am weak on quant in a peculiar way. I am slow but accurate. This makes sense because all of the math I do in my current job is failsafe math. There is no room for error. I need to pick up the pace. The verbal I will improve by continuing to do questions and keeping a careful error log. I am a natural in this area and will definitely pump this score with a little practice.

Materials: I have the OG-12 already and have dabbled so far but plan on writing every problem. I had planned on doing this in a relaxed manner. Now it all will be timed and under pressure. I am purchasing the Manhattan Foundations of Math and Number Properties books. Currently today and the rest of this weekend I am going through every problem that Sal Khan has done on youtube. So far these are slow (not something I can afford to be) but thorough. Other problem is that these are all from the old OG (OG-11). I have several ipod apps which I will use daily when I cannot access my other materials as easily (eg at work). I will probably not purchase anything else but just test test test otherwise. Hoping to reboot the GMAT Prep test as often as needed but also to access the MGMAT tests that come with my purchase of the books and of course to do the tests here. I will keep an error log on quant as well but I may need to risk a lost question for increased time. Of course I will try to keep my 100% attempted record (lol).

Time wise I will likely take the GMAT later this summer as soon as I test well, unless there is a potential for scholarships for high GMAT score at online programs.

That is my plan. It differs from many others in that I am not trying to get in to the top 10 B schools (could not afford them anyway). I want to truly learn and have a great environment for that. ROI will be high as so far I have spent less than $100 and I am aiming for 700+ score.

Good luck to all.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 45

GMAT Tests User
Re: My Study Plan [#permalink] New post 15 May 2010, 02:15
Nice! I wish I had a iphone :(

Click on kudos, if you like my post!

Re: My Study Plan   [#permalink] 15 May 2010, 02:15