Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 10:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need advice

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Need advice [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2013, 04:54
(Pls ignore my grammer)
Hi Everyone,
I gave GMAT in Jan2011 and scored a miserable 530(Q42/ V21) and since then my prep has been on/off. From last few months, I've started my prep bit seriously. I'm non native, so my verbal is pretty weak. I'm quite eager to ask few questions on this forum.

1. What sources one can refer for Verbal other than OG and MGMAT?
2. My CR is pretty weak, I've to read 3-4 times to understand the stimuli and the accuracy is very bad. I've tried various techniques such as pre-thinking, assumption negation technique but none worked.
3. I'm planning to enroll in e-gmat sentence correction... Any thoughts?
4. I've read various posts and experienced myself that the most difficult questions come in RC section, which I've not been working on as regularly as I'm working on CR.

One general observation I've made is that I stumble on difficult questions, which demotivates my prep. I'm pretty confused about my prep and finding difficult to strike a balance between Verbal and Quant prep.

I'm planning to take GMAT in June-July2013 and aiming for 680+ but my prep is far from good.

Kindly suggest

-K
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: Need advice [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2013, 05:13
For CR, what works for me best is to rephrase the argument. "so the guy says X happens BECAUSE a,b and c (the premises/facts" and when it's weaken/strength you know you have to focus on the "X happens" part.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Re: Need advice [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2013, 01:51
Thanks.. taken your advice into account...
Re: Need advice   [#permalink] 19 Apr 2013, 01:51