Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 14:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need GMAT Retake Advice

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Schools: Harvard, NYU Stern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Need GMAT Retake Advice [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2011, 15:14
Hi,

I have given my GMAT on 5th Aug, and got a miserable score of 530(Q47,V17). I could not believe i received such a pathetic score. Before giving actual GMAT test, I did gave Kaplan online test and I scored an average of 560 and I gave one OG test and i scored 630.

I don't know what went wrong that I scored so low, and I am targeting the 2012 MBA class of some good B-schools, but with this score all my dreams are shattered. I have no clue why I scored so less in the exam and especially in verbal, i guess it was my lowest score ever.

Kindly advice should i retake test and if yes what is the minimum time i should take to reappear?
Secondly from where should I prepare verbal?

Its kind of strange i was doing OK in the verbal practice tests and in the short verbal test in Kaplan and OG but still received this terrible score. Not sure where I was lacking on the test day?

Its for sure when the verbal section came, i started loosing sort of focus and was taking a lot of time to understand and started getting restless

Thanks
VIvek
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 109 [0], given: 46

Re: Need GMAT Retake Advice [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2011, 15:20
Re: Need GMAT Retake Advice   [#permalink] 08 Aug 2011, 15:20