Please note that it is difficult to properly help you with school selection simply based the information provided. School selection is part of the service we offer, and we do so by having in-depth discussions with our clients about leadership capabilities, past achievements, what they are passionate about, etc. If we just look mainly at your GMAT score, your best chances are probably going to be Rotterdam School of Management, E.M. Lyon Business School, and EDHEC Business School.
Would you consider retaking the GMAT? There is a lot of room to improve your verbal score. By raising your GMAT score, you can improve your chances of getting into a top MiM program. Having attended London Business School for my MBA, and as an alumni interviewer for the business school, I believe the school would provide a great foundation for a career in strategy consulting.
In selecting schools to apply to, you should think about where you would like to work after getting the MiM, and preference for length of the program.
Additional aspects of the application to focus on would be demonstrating leadership potential through personal and professional achievements (perhaps your work in managing and organizing PARADIGM 2010), and past contributions to teams and community. You should also articulate a clear motivation for wanting to do strategy consulting. Great recommendation letters can also set candidates apart.
Strategy consulting is a competitive field to get into. Once you enroll in a Master in Management program, make sure you practice and prepare for the strategy case interviews. In addition to demonstrating strategic thinking, the other half of the job interview is about the personality fit. So you would want to show that you are motivated and energetic, but also someone who works well with a diverse group of people and can contribute to your teams and client projects. As a former strategy consultant, I can tell you that it is so important to not only have intelligent people on the team who can do the work, but people with great personality and attitude also.
Best of luck to you!
If you like the post, give it KUDOS!
I am planning to apply for MiM program 2013 intake. Following is my profile summary:
- GMAT 620 (Q50, V25), AWA Awaited
- Undergrad: Delhi College of Engineering(DCE) - One of the Top 10 Engineering Schools in India, Percentage - 64%, B.E. Civil Engineering (Year of Passing - 2011)
- Ranked in top 1000 from 200,000 in DCE's Entrance Exam
- C.B.S.E. XII - 83.6%
- C.B.S.E. X - 84.4%
1. Intern at a Non-Profit Organization, Centre for Science and Environment, for 2 months
- Role - Worked on the planning of Rainwater Harvesting Units for Kumaon Engineering College, Dwarahat, Uttrakhand., India
- Worked on the editing of technical report on Rainwater Harvesting for Science Centre, Marchak, Sikkim, India
- Worked on the costing of Rainwater Harvesting Units for Anil Agarwal Green College, Tughlakabad, New Delhi, India
2. Intern at Public Works Department Delhi, which is the premier agency of Govt. of NCT of Delhi engaged in planning, designing, construction and maintenance of Government assets in the field of built environment and infrastructure development.
- Role - Worked on the design of foot over bridge at Satyaniketan, New Delhi, India
- Worked on the project of strengthening of ring road from Dhaula Kuan Flyover to C.O.D cut, New Delhi, India
- Worked as Consultant for 11 months in Polaris Financial Technology Ltd. - one of the top financial technology firms in the world.
- Role - Worked on Automated Risk Integrated System Software to provide solutions on credit risks for Citibank
- Developed prototypes for the Credit Risk Analysis(CRA) for Citibank using Adobe Flex Technology
- Worked on Credit Initiation Module and Collateral Administration Module for Credit Risk Analysis for Citibank
- Managed and Organized PARADIGM 2010 (BRIDGE MAKING CONTEST, INNOVA 2010) – PARADIGM is a bridge making competition conducted under INNOVA
- Won the Second Prize in PARADIGM (BRIDGE MAKING CONTEST, INNOVA 2009)
- Won the third prize in STRUCTURE-D (STRUCTURE MAKING CONTEST, INNOVA 2009)
Note:- INNOVA is the annual technical festival held on the National level in Delhi College of Engineering (DCE), Delhi, India.
- To gain leadership and business skills to develop solid business acumen
- To get into Strategy consulting and work for Top Brands.
- Duke: The Fuqua School of Business: Master in Management Studies
- HEC Paris
- Essec Business School, France
- IE Business School, Spain
- ESADE Business School, Spain
- Rotterdam School of Management Erasmus University, Netherlands
- EMLYON Business School, France
- EDHEC Business School, France
- London School of Economics and Political Science, UK
- London Business School, UK
-Based on my GMAT Score 620 and my above mentioned profile, Please suggest me the Five Business Schools out of the above mentioned list for which I have the best chances of getting into the MiM Program.
Thanks and Regards
Christine Lin | Marvel Admissions
http://marveladmissions.com/ | Marvel Admissions Blog