Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 23:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Nervous

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Nervous [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2004, 15:34
Hi,

I write the GMAT on Saturday (14th) and I am nervous as hell. What can I do to calm my nerves....?

I'm scoring high 500-low 600's and I need a higher score.

Help.....!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 670 [0], given: 781

[#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2004, 17:18
I think most of us are nervous. I was nervous too and it just takes some time to get used to the environment. Go to the test center early and try not to think too much before the test. relax and tell yourself that you are going to take it one question at a time.

A good thing about the GMAT is that it starts off with essays. So, it gives you time to settle down , get your thoughts together. After writing two essays, i am sure you will feel much better.

Of course, make sure you have practised with your essays. it is a good way to start off the quant if you had a feeling that you did well on your essays.

Hope this helps
Intern
Intern

relax [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2004, 23:36
my GMAT is scheduled on 19th.even i am hovering in the range 590-650 .but i am not losing hope bcoz i feel most of the practice tests are exagerrated.The main point to remember is that u have to get the first 10 questions right so spend more time and concentrate a lot on those questions since they have a great impact on your score.even on the exam dont worry if u havent got a few of the later questions right bcoz they may be pretesting questions which are not scored so carry on and do your best but do not worry at anytime.

apply the same strategy for POWERPREP test 1/2 days bfore your exam and see the difference.
PLs do not carry anxiety to the exam and believe me miracles do happen it could be possible that the first time u score 700+ is actually the real exam day otherwise there is always a second time ,its not the end of world .
pls let me know your score on ashwini_s17@yahoo.com

bye and cheer up now :-D good luck

ash
Intern
Intern

Arco GMAT CAT [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2004, 17:37
Has anyone done the Arco test prep.
I am doing them and I am scoring 570-630. Are they an real indication of the actual test? I am going to do the ETS power prep on Thursday.
Arco GMAT CAT   [#permalink] 10 Aug 2004, 17:37