Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Apr 2014, 20:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYU Langone - Spring 2011

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone - Spring 2011 [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2011, 08:33
Hello all,
finally i am thru!
i got the acceptance letter today!!
i m still shaking and palms sweating like hell !!! wow.. i still cant believe i m thru.. phew
btw.. after i was on wait list.. i send the ad com a letter mentioning the importance of doing and mba for me at this point of time and that nyu is the only school i have applied to.. i guess that worked for me!
anyways.. i m in for the weekend program, just paid the $2000 registration fee and will be going thru the welcome site..
cant wait to meet all the wonderful people
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone - Spring 2011 [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2011, 08:36
pranilrao wrote:
Hello all,
finally i am thru!
i m still shaking and palms sweating like hell !!! wow.. i still cant believe i m thru.. phew
btw.. after i was on wait list.. i send the ad com a letter mentioning the importance of doing and mba for me at this point of time and that nyu is the only school i have applied to.. i guess that worked for me!
anyways.. i m in for the weekend program, just paid the $2000 registration fee and will be going thru the welcome site..

AHHHHH CONGRATS!!!!!! Go pop some bottles tonight to celebrate! :)
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Langone - Spring 2011 [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2011, 08:58
Congrats pranilrao! That's great news!

I haven't signed on in a while because I've been swamped with a million things, but I'll give my update now. I took my quant exam two weeks ago and passed...it was not as hard as I thought it would be, although I did spend a lot of time beforehand preparing and familiarizing myself with the material. Also, I completed everything on the New Student Tour checklist, except for the plagiarism tutorial and obtaining my ID card. I will go in today after work to get the ID card, and I will work on the tutorial tonight. Other than that, I'm pretty excited about the upcoming semester and excited to meet all of you. Happy new year everyone, and I'll see you guys in a few weeks!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: NYU Langone - Spring 2011 [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2011, 09:19
Congrats Pranilrao!
Happy New Year to all you guys.
Updates from my side
1) Completed the quant test. Not as complicated as I expected.
2) Completed the plagiarism test .
3) Got the ID card
4) Bought a Mac at the computer store at a discounted price (S150 less than the market).
5) Dropped in the direct deposit form at the bursar office.
6) Sent all the health requirements.
7) KROLL got back saying they did not hear anything from my university. My university says that they haven’t heard anything from KROLL. I thought that was the one of the easiest things to verify (Nevertheless, KROLL gave me a good business idea for entrepreneurship class).
So I am 90% done. Excited to be part of a great community. Hope to meet you all soon.
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Langone - Spring 2011 [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2011, 09:30
Thank you all!
@Kgold - surely i have more than enough reason to pop some bottles tonight :D

I was going thru the welcome site, and figured out that the following 2 items,
Complete and submit the required Health Records Forms (included in your admissions pack)
Complete and submit all Registration and Bursar forms

are to be completed by Jan 6 2011 :O
I have no idea what all I have to fill in these and how much time its going to take.. and whether I have to actually schedule a doctors appointment to fill in the Health forms?
I hope I get some buffer time to do all this, since I was on the waitlist.. however it would be great if any one of you can shed some light on these processes.

also what is the schoolId to be used for kroll verification process.. I didnt find any on the admission letter..

looks like this thread is going to be my F1 button until i m done :)
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Re: NYU Langone - Spring 2011 [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2011, 09:45
This post received
KUDOS
Health Forms
-------------
Do you have proof of your MMR immunizations? If yes, go to your doctor, get the form (sent in the mail along with admission offer) signed & mail it to NYU health dept. Pls note that you would need to send across MMR proof too.

If you don't have MMR records, I would suggest that get 2 MMR shots (note - they need to be administered 28 days apart), get the form signed & send across.

You also have a third option which I had opted & would not suggest. It was like:
> Did not have MMR record. So went for a titer to determine if I was immune to Mumps, Rubella & Measles.
> Blood report indicated that I was not immune to measles & my doctor did not have measles specific shot. Insurance was not willing to cover the titer expenses too.
> So ended up taking 2 MMR shots (28 days apart).
> Got the form signed from the doctor & sent across.

If you dont have the records & titer results are not conclusive. then you will have to wait for 28 days at least to get this done.

Bursar Forms
- It is relatively simple.
- Fill some generic info in the forms.
- Upload a passport size photograph.
- Pay ard $8500 as tuition fee.

Thats it.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Followers: 69

Kudos [?]: 684 [0], given: 548

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: NYU Langone - Spring 2011 [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2011, 09:55
langoneSpring2011 wrote:
Health Forms

You can also contact your old undergraduate institution's medical services office. They keep your medical records (that you sent over in high school) if you haven't graduated 10+ yrs ago.
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Langone - Spring 2011 [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2011, 11:23
thanks @langoneSpring2011
other than the health forms, i guess to complete all others the netid is required, which hopefully i should be getting by tommorow according to the bursar..
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Sigma Xi
Schools: NYU

Re: NYU Langone - Spring 2011 [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2011, 18:07
pranilrao wrote:
Hello all,
finally i am thru!

Congrats on the admit. See you in the class
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Langone - Spring 2011 [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2011, 19:01
congrats pranilrao! :)

my update:
I finally got my kroll verification in early december. the only thing I have left to do is go get my ID.

can't believe orientation is only a few weeks away. excited!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone - Spring 2011 [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2011, 19:39
I know I am going off the tangent but let me take the advantage of being LangoneSpring2011 for everyone. This query is regarding managing my finances for the next couple of years. Going by my calculations, we will need to pay around $100,000 (taking 5% tuition hike into account) to Stern in tuition fees only (no dorm, no health insurance etc).

Does anybody know what would be other STUDY related expenses? I mean books, any trips, any other big ticket items etc?? I am not concerned about house rent, health insurance, local commute, food etc as those are the things I would have paid anyway regardless of my MBA course.

Anyone having any idea? Even a rough estimate would be helpful.
Manager
Manager

Re: NYU Langone - Spring 2011 [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2011, 20:20
Is it just me, or is there anyone else who is having hard time trying to figure out which URL to goto, all the passwords, and netids and nids, very confusing??

I just forgot to login for a month, and I have no idea what to do now. There are so many websites to goto. I finally concluded that I need to goto new student tour, but I have no idea wtf the password is. I must have set like 5 passwords since I started.

My god this was pretty nightmarish, and everything is due tomorrow. Not sure what will happen if I don't finish my duties till then. I still have to take the math test...anyone have link to that test?
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Langone - Spring 2011 [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2011, 05:14
Congrats pranilrao,

Unfortunately I am still waiting on a wait list decision for the weeknight program. I did the same as you and provided an update for the committee as well as stressing that NYU was the only school I applied to. Hopefully I hear something soon, but at this point I may be waiting until the fall!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: NYU Langone - Spring 2011 [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2011, 06:07
All the Best CaptainWinters
@Yubjun
The below link gives you access for almost every website
http://sternlife.stern.nyu.edu/st/dashboard
you need to have your netid for this.
PM me for more details.
Manager
Manager

Re: NYU Langone - Spring 2011 [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2011, 17:55
Theoldnewcomer wrote:
All the Best CaptainWinters
@Yubjun
The below link gives you access for almost every website
http://sternlife.stern.nyu.edu/st/dashboard
you need to have your netid for this.
PM me for more details.

I can login to that one. Can you goto below link from the above link?

http://w4.stern.nyu.edu/langone/tour/login.cfm

That's where it tells you what i need to do etc, right?

Basically, as it stands now, I need to register for classes. But I have no idea how. And i need to pay for my tuition. But no idea how. I passed the quant test, but have yet to send the health forms...
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Langone - Spring 2011 [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2011, 18:30
yubjun, can you elaborate what issues are you facing exactly?

you should do this:
> Log in to http://w4.stern.nyu.edu/langone/tour/login.cfm using your first name, last name & password.
> go to the third link on the page which is "Complete and submit all Registration and Bursar forms by January 6, 2011."
> Fill in the details of your class, make payment, upload foto & fill some general info & submit. Thats it.
> You can use e-check to make the payment which takes 2 minutes.
Manager
Manager

Re: NYU Langone - Spring 2011 [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2011, 21:24
langoneSpring2011 wrote:
yubjun, can you elaborate what issues are you facing exactly?

you should do this:
> Log in to http://w4.stern.nyu.edu/langone/tour/login.cfm using your first name, last name & password.
> go to the third link on the page which is "Complete and submit all Registration and Bursar forms by January 6, 2011."
> Fill in the details of your class, make payment, upload foto & fill some general info & submit. Thats it.
> You can use e-check to make the payment which takes 2 minutes.

I don't have the password to login to that site. I asked admin person, and she said she'll email me the password, but I didn't get it. I emailed them again, and I didn't receive it yet. I can't place where I put the original papers, so I don't have the password.

Not sure why there's a separate password for this. I already have password for simon, another one for something else. There are like 3 ids for NYU. So confusing. Whoever is CIO for NYU needs to be fired man.
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Langone - Spring 2011 [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2011, 09:18
I received the rejection letter moments ago, so I didn't make it in off the waitlist. Does anyone have any advice on re-application? Did you use a consultant? I plan on Re-applying right away. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Langone - Spring 2011 [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2011, 09:37
Sad to know that @CaptainWinters
I think from the current batch greenandgold and theoldnewcomer are re-applicants, hopefully they can give you some tips
Mostly from what I have heard, if you have something to add to your profile it helps as a reapplicant... like a promotion.. additional responsibilities at job.. etc

Dont lose hope .. theres always a next time!
hope to see u in fall! :)
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Langone - Spring 2011 [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2011, 09:48
So sorry to hear that CaptainWinters. Don't lose hope. There is always a next time. My 2 cents on this subject

- Since this is a part time program, the competition is not that high & the rejection ratio is relatively low.
- So it seems there is something very obvious in your profile which has made Stern take this decision.
- Try to identify that weakness (which could have made Stern made its mind an acceptance & rejection for you) & explore how you could improve upon that.
- For e.g - If GMAT score is low, re-take it. If grad GPA is low, take some extra courses. If work exp is not ok, then try to switch jobs, take higher responsibility, ask for promotions etc. If essays were not good, take professional help.

- As far as I know, extra curricular activities matter in a very limited way.
Re: NYU Langone - Spring 2011   [#permalink] 07 Jan 2011, 09:48