Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 14:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

O/B PhD questions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

O/B PhD questions [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2008, 19:22
I am a 29 year old African lady, I have an undegrad in Business Management from Kenya, but my UGPA is shamefully low, (was evaluated by WES to reflect a 2.6), regardless I was able to explain the circumstances surrounding my low GPA and got into an MBA program at a 'top 30' US institution. My GMAT is 750 (Q49, V43) AWA 5.0

My intention is to apply for a PhD in OB as soon as I graduate from the MBA.

Now I am being optimistic and I know I can do it, my MBA GPA should be >3.8, my program has the option of two global research projects that I intend to take, I have also spoken to the Prgram Director about possibly working as a Research Assistant (to sharpen my research skills) and she seemed positive.

I am also considering taking a few courses at a community college (Statistics, Calculus, Psychology for Business), these are things I intend to accomplish prior to applying to the PhD, realistically in the next two years.

Please critique my profile and suggest the Universities you would recommend I apply to for the OB program................assuming that I meet everything I ve put out

Any suggestions......... I want to start planning now
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
O/B PhD questions   [#permalink] 30 Dec 2008, 19:22