Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:33 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Careful these question ratings are one person's subjective opinions. They are not released by ETS. I found many questions that were miscategorized.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
yb wrote:
Vikram,

Thanks i just found the access file you referred to. It seems to be a great resource! One quick question though, do you think its better to break it down by hard questions for each question type, or just do a mix of different hard questions in one sitting?

Do what works best for you.... at the end of the day, HARD/EASY/MEDIUM in that database is still someone's opinion.. not official ETS tags... a Hard may be really easy for you..

I did them (still doing) topic wise (mix of hard + medium) as I discovered my weak areas.... like pick 10-15 questions from 2 topics and try solving them in 20-30 mins.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for pointing that out. I will be more careful in selecting practice problems.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
Approaching OG 10 after OG 11 [#permalink]
Dear YB,
On a related note...just started off on OG 10 bacwards on the PS section...and found out that (IMHO :wink: ) they are pretty easy....just got 4 out of 50 wrong...so I guess that the idea that OG sections move from Easy to Hard is a myth...more like if u have a specific weak areas, the most diff problems in the weak are are clustered around the end...realized that for number prop and perm/combo...so my ten cents worth - check out what kind of problems you are weak on...mark them out in the OG and work on them at a stretch separately...

And do let us know whats the diff level of OG 1o vs 11

Cheers!

Rgds,
NJSS750
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
OG 11 too? [#permalink]
Hello buddies,

I have OG 10, is it necessary to buy OG 11? Do you recommend it? What do you think?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi NJSS,
Thanks for the observation. I just flipped through the last few problems in OG 10 PS and you're right, they don't seem all that difficult.

When I was doing PS and DS in OG11, I could definitely notice a trend: the last 50 or so PS were significantly harder than the first 200. The first 100 or so problems are just too easy and then they begin to get a little harder (not by much though). DS was the same way.. the last 15 were tough for me.. i got 6/15 wrong.
RCs get longer as you go through the section. SCs progressively get trickier. CRs are consistent (in terms of difficulty).

Hi Vivek,
I have worked through OG11 but haven't done enough of OG10 to be able to say whether both are necessary. I am doing both just to be safe (since they are realy gmat questions). I know there is some overlap. Also in OG 11 there are:
250 PS
155 DS
140 RC
128 SC
124 CR
Thats a lot fewer than the OG10. The new edition does however, have much better explanations.
Vivek, I'd like to know what you think about the level of difficulty in quant in OG10 (if you've already completed it) : in your opinion, does it get progressively harder? Would you recommend using the "database" to attempt only hard/medium questions by question types?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Vivek same here...I OG10...but not the OG11.....I read it somewhere on this forum that..OG10 Contains more questions ....
and to some extent OG11 is an overlap of OG10.....

regards..

Jinesh
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dear Yb & Jinesh,

Thanks for the inputs!

Well, I have done OG 10 quant once & I think the quant sections present harder questions towards the end but definitely not as hard as the hardest in the test. Relatively, OG quant is easier than that in the test, so it would be better not to consider OG as the only quant source.

Originally posted by vivek123 on 20 Oct 2005, 20:51.
Last edited by vivek123 on 20 Oct 2005, 23:56, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
does anyone know how many questions in the NEW OG 11th edition are NEW and NOT dupicate questions from the 10th?? i am just curious to see if its worth buying given the fact i already have the 10th??
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Vivek!

Kayser,
I know there are a lot of different questions but not sure exactly how many. I guess your decision to buy the new edition should depend on when you are planning to take the test. If you have enough time, there's obviously no harm in studying more(especially if its official material).

I think its important to also study some more difficult material for quant in order to master the concepts. I would advise dedicating some time to taking challenges or kaplan800 questions.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks for the advice, i have been thinking the same thing, since i will be sitting for the GMAT in december, i would probably buy the 11th. thanks again
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi guys, I have OG 10 (havent gone through it yet, saving the best til last) but I was wondering whether there is any point of me buying the 11th edition, are there different questions explanations etc, or would I just be wasting my money and time?
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]