Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 19:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

OG & PowerPrep Question

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

OG & PowerPrep Question [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2004, 10:32
I just bought the OG and in the initial note it mentions that if we are reading OG and also plan to use Powerprep, then we should first use Powerprep. On the other hand, I see suggestions to keep PP tests for the end.

Please let me know what is the best way to go. I would appreciate if one could also throw some light on any strategy related to OG or PP. Should we keep both PP tests for the end or try one test months before. Also should we solve all the OG questions in series by chapter or follow some type of timing practice.

Any suggestion will be appreciated

Thanks
Pradeep
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 59

Kudos [?]: 657 [0], given: 781

[#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2004, 22:43
Assuming you have eight weeks or more for the test, here is what i can recommend. Sure, you will have to adjust accordingly depending on how many hours /day you intend to prep. I hope my advice helps you.

Study the Official Guide entirely from the first page to the last in a month. Try practising in sets. Say, 40 PS/ 25 DS / 5 RC/ 15 CR / 25 SC. Follow this sequence or something that suits you for a month. Make notes of your errors and study them everyday. Please make these notes very neatly so that you can use them at the end of the prep.

After a month, try studying with kaplan materials. All this while, keep updating your error logs. for math, you may also try practicing with the challenges that we have held in the past. for verbal, i would suggest you got get LSAT material AFTER you are done with OG. take atleast two kaplan practise test of the 4. Sure, they will be tough, but its kinda helpful in building up your concepts.

Ninth week of prep: Now, you will have spent 4 weeks prepping without the OG. In your ninth week of prep, take Powerprep 1. Sure , you might remember some questions from the OG. but i think most of the test will still be new to you.

Tenth and final week: Take Powerprep 2. Now is the time that your hard work with the error logs will help. Study the problems that you got wrong every day in your final prep week.

Finally, relax and go take the test!

Praet
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

OG & PowerPrep Question [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2004, 16:30
Praet,
Thanks for a great reply. I appreciate your prompt response and the valuable suggestion. I have all good words for this website.

Thanks
Pradeep
OG & PowerPrep Question   [#permalink] 16 Aug 2004, 16:30