Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 08:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

PhD in Information Systems

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

PhD in Information Systems [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2011, 22:06
Hello all,

I've been trying to track down some information regarding a PhD in Information Systems. Aside of reading up on the individual programs offered (Cornell, CMU, etc.) I haven't been able to locate a great deal of information on the subject. I know that Business PhDs are generally in higher demand than many other PhDs, and part of what I'm wondering is whether or not the same could be said for IS PhDs. Also, I know which journals to read when it comes to Marketing, Accounting, Economics, etc., but are there any reputable journals for Information Systems? Googling the subject I found quite a few, but it's hard to determine which ones are the top academic journals.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: PhD in Information Systems [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2012, 23:43
This is a bit late to your answer but I am also looking to pursue a PHD in information systems. As to your question on helpful journals, here are some:

MIS Quarterly
Information Systems Research
Communications of the ACM
Management Science
Journal of Management Information Systems
Decision Sciences
European Journal of Information Systems
Decision Support Systems
Information and Management
Journal of Computer and Systems Sciences
Journal of Strategic Information Systems
IEEE Transactions
Harvard Business Review

Source: It won't let me post hyperlinks since I have <5 posts but you can Google "MIS Journal Rankings"
Re: PhD in Information Systems   [#permalink] 08 Apr 2012, 23:43