Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 19:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my chances

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Please evaluate my chances [#permalink] New post 19 May 2012, 15:40
Hi All,

Will request your help in deciding if I should retry my GRE or if my profile is strong enough to proceed for the schools I want. It is going to be my second MBA so please keep that in mind.

Here are the details for my candidature

Nationality/Gender: Indian/Male
GRE Score 162 both sections
Work Ex: IT & Operational Compliance
I have over 7 years of work exp in IT Compliance and have worked in US, Europe, S.E.Asia and India. I have always worked in client facing roles and have also managed offshore team. I have worked for both IT and Business Clients across various sectors from banking to telecom to manufacturing to government.

Education: Production Engg and MBA (SCMHRD, Pune). Still have to fetch my GPA but they will be around 3.5

Extra Curr: Was very active in my engineering days but since then it has tapered off. Still do some photography, workout and some social work.

I am looking to apply to institutes in the US East coast only because of personal reasons. What do you'll think is my chance in Yale, Stern, Darden, Sloan and such schools.
As an exception I will consider Insead and IMD Switzerland.

Hoping for some guidance.

Regards,
Abhinav
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please evaluate my chances [#permalink] New post 21 May 2012, 11:18
Expert's post
You should double check to be sure, but the schools you listed I don't believe will allow applicants who already have an MBA degree. This is actually the case with most reputible schools. THey do not want you taking a seat from some other applicant who does not have and MBA. They also would want to know why you have failed to achieve your goals the first time out with the MBA.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Please evaluate my chances [#permalink] New post 21 May 2012, 14:16
Thanks... I will get in touch with the admissions team for the same. hope they can give me clear guidance...

But can you'll tell me if my GRE score is sufficient or not

Posted from my mobile device Image
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please evaluate my chances [#permalink] New post 25 May 2012, 04:11
Expert's post
Your 162 x2 is equivalent to around a700 on the GMAT, so yes I believe it is "good enough" as you put it to get into a good b-school.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews