Sorry if I posted too much info as I hope to be specific.
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Major in Finance
• Graduated with Second Class (Upper Division) Honours and 4.57 / 5 grade point average in major
• Member of Beta Gamma Sigma
• CFA Institute scholarship recipient
• Thesis topic: Market Anomalies in the Stock Market of Singapore
• GMAT 750 (98th percentiles)
• Passed all three exams of CFA and will be awarded a charter upon completion of work experience
• FRM Part 1 and Part 2 candidate in May 2012
• Passed CFMAS 1A, ACCA P4 and P5 Singapore
Ministry of Education, Singapore
• Given responsibility to teach three graduating classes in first year. Achieved 100% pass rate and 40% distinction for N-level Principles of Accounts.
• Initiated the infusion of financial literacy in my school
• In charge of administering financial aid to students Singapore
• Computer Skills: C++, Java, VBA, SAS, SPSS, Datastream, Bloomberg
• Volunteered at Nee Soon South Meet-the-People Sessions
• Interests: Photography, Soccer
I believe your goals are in finance. You certainly have a strong education and list of academic credentials. The missing ingredient is experience. Your teaching experience does not demonstrate the leadership, impact, and risk-taking you need for the MBA applications. I wonder if you could pursue an internship or entry-level role in finance to gain some of that necessary experience? As far as I can see, that is the only weakness in your application. The one issue that I will caution you about is the need for convincing reasons why you need the MBA education - not just the MBA pedigree.
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog