Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 14:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my Profile

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Please evaluate my Profile [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2012, 23:21
H Admissionado,

I would really be appreciate if you can evaluate my Profile
Nationality: Indian
Graduation degree: B.Tech in Biotechnology
CGPA: 7.69
Work experience: 2 years, 4 months as Software Test Engineer (Indian/IT/female)
First GMAT: screwed up with a shocking 500
Planning to appear for second attempt in mid December. Aiming for a 650+

Extra curricular:
In College:
1)Active member of Official Dance Team. Participated and won many prizes in Inter College Dance Competitions.
2)Student Coordinator at College Placement Cell
3)Member of College SIFE Team (NGO) for 2 years
4)Did some freelance writing for different websites during the free time of my final year.Used to get decent Pay for this. Eventually formed a team of writers (offline) and delivered Articles to the Website Owners. This lasted for around 1.5 years

Extracurricular at Company:
1)Formed a Dance Club at Company (with 100+ members) and participated in Inter Corporate Dance Competition. Also performed 2-3 times within the Campus.
2)Young Professional Ambassador for NGO " Teach For India" . My Job is to spread the word of the NGO and its fellowship program by conducting presentations, events at my organisation. Awarded best YPA for Deadline 1 in South Zone. I had organised a Flash mob and a stationary drive on account of World Literacy Day in the two main campuses of the organisation
3)Member of Company's Women Basketball Team. Played 2-3 tournaments.

As you can see I have been involved in varied things (Engineering Degree in Biotechnology, Part time home based experience in Freelance content Writing and managing team of writers, Full time job in IT Industry and great deal of Interest in Dance and Social work) :)

I feel I can do lot better in a Managerial Role and for that reason I want to pursue MBA

Please guide me how can I improve my profile. I plan to apply for R2 of 2013 Fall and R1 of 2014 Spring.
I am short of time as I have to get done with my GMAT soon and at the same time start my application process.
Please suggest in what all good Universities can I apply. Along with Good US universities, I also plan to apply for NUS and NTU in Singapore.

Thanks!

Regards,
Shipali
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 456 [0], given: 28

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please evaluate my Profile [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2012, 23:44
Expert's post
Hey Shipali,
You wrote sooo much about your extra curriculars, but sooooo little about your work experience, which is actually far more important.

So maybe you can write a bit more about what you do, your promotions etc....

Also, given what you have written, it's hard to say what your chances are without having a real GMAT. 500 is pretty low, and you need to see what you will get before taking your decision about whether to apply. If you have less than 650-660, I would say wait another year.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | The Team | Get a Free Consultation | 2013-2014 Essay Analyses

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!