I'll appreciate if you could please have a look at my profile and advise on my chances of getting into a top 20 MBA program.
TOTAL: 620 (Q48, V27)...
- MS in Mechanical Engineering Technology from Purdue University-GPA 3.8/4.0
-BS in Mechanical Engineering from India-GPA 7/10.
Full time Work experience
- 2 years of work experience in a Japanese Automotive company (sister concern of Honda) as a manufacturing engineer
- 3 years of work experience in a German automotive company
- worked as a Teaching Assistant for 2 years during MS at Purdue.
- nothing maor
- held various positions at high school and BS level, but nothing major after that.
Long term career goals -
- build career in investment banking
- i want to change my field from manufacturing to finance
My target schools -
Top 20 -
Dream school - Kelley School of Business
Please advise if you think my Verbal score is way too low to get into any top 20 school.
Given your GMAT score, lack of extracurriculars, and the strength of your demographic (Indian, technology) I think Indiana would be long-shot school for you, but not impossible. The schools you have a shot at--Michigan State, Babson, Pittsburgh, South Carolina, Case Western, U. of Arizona--are all outside of the top 20 (U.S. News). If you can raise that score above 650 and get involved I would recommend doing so. See Accepted.com's advice on low GMAT
Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance
Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter