Hello GMAT Gurus, Experts and Fellow Aspirants..
Myself Srikant, a GMAT Aspirant. I am facing difficulties with the Verbal Section of GMAT. A brief overview of the issues are:
1) I am unable to Identify the mistakes I am making. For example a few SC and RC questions I solve, I apply the correct rules, but I click on wrong answers.
2) I am unable to fix up a schedule for my preparation. For example, when I feel that I'm loosing confidence in RC, I practice that section a lot and then gain some confidence and move on to CR. When I'm done (I think I've practiced enough) with CR. And, when I go back RC.... I am back to square one.... Again loose confidence...
This low confidence is actually de-motivating me and I'm loosing confidence in Quants too.. I dont know what am I going to do.....
Please guide me.....
It sounds like your biggest enemy is test anxiety. While there are several tips and trick to helping with CR and RC, you first need to address confidence issues.
1. Manage your test anxiety. Minimize your worries and pay attention to good nutrition and adequate exercise. Maintain adequate sleep with a consistent schedule leading up to your test.
2. Make a special effort to improve your weaknesses along with strengthening your expertise during practice. For RC, especially, you should make a point of reading articles every day and taking notes about them as you might for the GMAT.
3. Locate or set up a serious test-taking environment in your house or a public library or a park or another facility so that you can exclusively focus on taking the mock tests.
4. Review all prior mistakes along with explanations. Make a list of those typical errors you tend to make and consciously remind yourself of them and refrain from making the same mistakes.
5. You may want to take the day before the test off entirely so that your brain can relax more right before the test day.
6. Keep a light-hearted and positive attitude on the test day. Maintain strong momentum from beginning to end as the final problems can sometimes be equally as important as the initial ones.
For addressing specific weaknesses, Manhattan Review
offers tutoring both online and in-person in a number of areas. If you'd like to know about how we might be able to help you, don't hesitate to contact us at the number in the signature or to private message us here directly.
Manhattan Review GMAT Prep & MBA Admissions Consulting
Web: http://www.manhattanreview.com | Phone: +1.212.316.2000
Receive 20% off Admissions Consultings as GMATClub member!