Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 13:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please help

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 33

Please help [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 16:21
Please evaluate my profile

Let me know if i am a fit for

Oxford
cambridge
rotman
schullich
indiana
queens
ivey
one year mba at kellog

GMAT -- 620 ( V - 30 , Q - 45 )

Personal Details

Nationality : India

Age - 31 yrs

Degree of Graduation - Bachelors of Business Administration ( First Class - 2000 )
Strong academics

Work Experience

Total Experience - 10 years +
Domain - Financial Services ( Banking, Insurance and Other Financial Services )
Team Handling and Leadership profile for the last Nine Years, have very qualitative leadership experience.

thanks in advance

and please suggest me the US top 20 schools in my reach
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Stacy Blackman Representative
Followers: 26

Kudos [?]: 68 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please help [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 07:53
Expert's post
Hi wayahead123,

Have you considered taking the GMAT test again, as your score is a fair amount below the averages of some of the schools listed (Oxford Said, Kellogg, etc.). Remember that your GMAT score is self-reported on your application, so admissions teams will focus on your highest score.

Here are some GMAT tips if you decide to take the test again: http://www.stacyblackman.com/tag/gmat/

Cheers,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team

Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Stacy Blackman | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com | +1 323.934.3936
MBA blogger, US News and Author, The MBA Application Roadmap

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 33

Re: Please help [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 08:57
Thanks very much for your reply.

Three points where i request your insight

1) I will retake gmat if i am rejected by all of the mentioned schools i.e. if i get through any one of these programs , i might not hesitate to join the program rather than retake gmat. :)

Given the circumstances, do you think i stand any chance with other schools than oxford, cambridege and kellog.

i noticed the average score of canadian schools and kelly are lesser than the other programs, so do you think i could be competitive for these programs specially when round 3 is going on with almost all of these programs, the other main reason for not to wait for the next year is my age :( , i am 31 right now, and next year i will be 32 by the time i enter into the mba program, i personally do not have any problem with this, but i have heard that US b-schools do not prefer older candidates.

2) I am from india, and we have ( 10+2+3 ) 15 years education system for the undergrad ( other than engineering programs ), now B-schools in US require 16 years of education, do you think this can also be one of the hindrances for US b-schools ?

3) I have done one year part time program - certificate program ( weekend classes ) from the most reputed management institute of India, but this was not one year full time program and this institue ( IIM ) is not a university itself in spite of being the best b-school not only in India, but also in Asia.
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Stacy Blackman Representative
Followers: 26

Kudos [?]: 68 [1] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please help [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2012, 09:05
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi wayahead123,

I recommend you do not apply to the final round. Final rounds for a given school (be it round 3 or round 4) are often a bad strategy. For many schools, this is the time they are focused on completing their class and picking very specific profiles. In addition, if you submit an application in March and are not admitted, you do not have much time to regroup and improve your profile before reapplying in October for the next season.

You should not focus on your age, as there are ways you can address this in your application. Remember that older candidates will have to prove that it makes sense to return to school at this late stage of their career, and that they are not merely encountering a mid-career crisis. You will also have to demonstrate that all of their time in the work world has been well spent, and you should demonstrate progression, tangible contributions, and a high level of self-awareness, confidence, and maturity.

Cheers,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team

Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Stacy Blackman | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com | +1 323.934.3936
MBA blogger, US News and Author, The MBA Application Roadmap