Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 06:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

please help

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q49 V23
GPA: 3.8
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 15

please help [#permalink] New post 06 May 2012, 23:50
hi,
A month back i gave Gmatprep practice test and below was the analysis:
quantz-44
verbal-24
total-560
today i had just given the GMATPREP practice test, i think i had improved somewhat and below is the analysis:
Quantz-47
Verbal-31
Total-640

My exam date is near and about 10-12 days are left . Please help me how can i maximize my scores.I need more than 700 .
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: please help [#permalink] New post 07 May 2012, 04:26
piyushksharma wrote:
hi,
quantz-44
verbal-24
total-560
today i had just given the GMATPREP practice test, i think i had improved somewhat and below is the analysis:
Quantz-47
Verbal-31
Total-640

My exam date is near and about 10-12 days are left . Please help me how can i maximize my scores.I need more than 700 .

Hello,

If we go by gmatprep benchmark, a plus/minus of 50 points is the range.

Now, if we want to analyze your current set of skill set, you need to help with two details

1) How good were you at time management ? did you miss a few Qs at the last ?
2) did you take the exam under strict exam conditions ?
3) are you weak on fundamentals part or strategy part of test ? (this is something that you can answer by looking into past at your practice data - were you getting Qs wrong because of lack of knowledge or lack of strategy ? )

Ideally, do not work on anything new in last 10/12 days, work on your error log and your strengths, do not stretch yourself in last days.

Good news is you might work on time management skills to improve, so share answers of above questions and i might help you on the same.

thanks

Free Essay Editing Service
free-profile-essay-review-service-free-129484.html

Manager
Manager

Re: please help [#permalink] New post 07 May 2012, 05:23
OasisGC wrote:
piyushksharma wrote:
hi,
quantz-44
verbal-24
total-560
Quantz-47
Verbal-31
Total-640

Hello,

If we go by gmatprep benchmark, a plus/minus of 50 points is the range.

Now, if we want to analyze your current set of skill set, you need to help with two details

1) How good were you at time management ? did you miss a few Qs at the last ?
2) did you take the exam under strict exam conditions ?
3) are you weak on fundamentals part or strategy part of test ? (this is something that you can answer by looking into past at your practice data - were you getting Qs wrong because of lack of knowledge or lack of strategy ? )

Ideally, do not work on anything new in last 10/12 days, work on your error log and your strengths, do not stretch yourself in last days.

Good news is you might work on time management skills to improve, so share answers of above questions and i might help you on the same.

thanks

1) How good were you at time management ? did you miss a few Qs at the last ?--> I completed the practice test with about 10 minutes in Quantz and about 8 minutes in Verbal Left with me.(I finished the two sections earlier).
2)did you take the exam under strict exam conditions ?--> Yes i gave the examination under strict examination conditions.
3)are you weak on fundamentals part or strategy part of test ?---> After analysing the questions that i usually get wrong i cam to the conclusion that i know the basic rules.there was some minor mistake that led to the whole question wrong.
Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1026

Kudos [?]: 4442 [0], given: 162

Re: please help [#permalink] New post 07 May 2012, 06:04
Expert's post
piyushksharma wrote:
hi,
quantz-44
verbal-24
total-560
Quantz-47
Verbal-31
Total-640

10 days are just about enough to work on 2-3 of your major weaknesses (in areas which have a high weightage in GMAT). Focus on them and try practicing 10 questions of each subsection on a daily basis in addition. Thereafter, just relax your mind.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Manager
Manager

Re: please help [#permalink] New post 07 May 2012, 07:47
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
piyushksharma wrote:
hi,
quantz-44
verbal-24
total-560
Quantz-47
Verbal-31
Total-640

10 days are just about enough to work on 2-3 of your major weaknesses (in areas which have a high weightage in GMAT). Focus on them and try practicing 10 questions of each subsection on a daily basis in addition. Thereafter, just relax your mind.

How could i improve my score in verbal in such a less time.And please tell me from where i can get more such GMAT practice tests as i have only 4 such tests left.And are these tests an accurate indicator.Because sometimes what happens is that i encounter an old question that i had already solved during my practice, and then i usually feel demotivated, as i had already seen this question.And does not feel to solve it.Please help
Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1026

Kudos [?]: 4442 [0], given: 162

Re: please help [#permalink] New post 07 May 2012, 08:32
Expert's post
piyushksharma wrote:
How could i improve my score in verbal in such a less time.And please tell me from where i can get more such GMAT practice tests as i have only 4 such tests left.And are these tests an accurate indicator.Because sometimes what happens is that i encounter an old question that i had already solved during my practice, and then i usually feel demotivated, as i had already seen this question.And does not feel to solve it.Please help

Try and do the best you can in whatever time you have. It would not be wise to take too many practice tests in the last few days. It will burn you out and you will not feel fresh and vibrant on your test day. Instead work on the sections that bother you the most - is it SC? or CR? or RC? Try and go through the theory of the section. It might help you understand the questions better. Also, do a few questions of each question type everyday from whatever material you have. I think someone has recently put up the GMAT prep test question bank (probably collected questions from the net or something). You can try a few question from that everyday.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: please help   [#permalink] 07 May 2012, 08:32