unfortunately I didn't get a reply thus for in the "Ask MBA Admission" section so hopefully here it will work.
a little bit about my person:
1) Basic demographic info: age, gender, nationality
29, male, Austrian
2) Educational Background: undergrad major, GPA, GMAT score, any grad work you've done
Bachelor, Software Engineering - Austria, Vienna
Master, Software Engineering - Austria, Vienna
Work Exp - During University:
Software Developer, 4 years part-time at biggest Insurance Company in Austria
700 (Q48/V37), IR: 8, AWA: 4.0
3) Work experience: what is your current role? Have you had any promotions? What industry do you work in? For how long have you worked
Work Exp - After University:
Software Developer, 2 years at a Start-Up (projects in Health Care Sector)
Software Architect, 3 years at the United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime
4) Extracurriculars: do you participate in any extra-curricular activities? What is your role there? For how long have you been involved?
5) Short/Long term goals: what do you want to do after your MBA? Any geographic preferences?
I am facing the decision now which schools I should apply to, and which MBA is better for me.
I would be more interested in a Master in Finance, but the current market / job situation is so bad in finance that I am not 100% sure.
Plan B is to go for a MBA in International Management.
My target schools are LBS, LSE or INSEAD in Europe.
I think my profile is not good enough for an application to an US based top school.
Am I wrong in this evaluation?
Is my AWA score (4.0) bad for my chances to get accepted?
Do I evaluate the current market situation in finance correct?
Hope this are not too many questions.
If some info from my side is missing to correctly evaluate my profile please write me.
Give kudos if you find my post helpful