I am very confused and need help
i took my gmat some time back and scored 29 in verbal, i am retaking GMAT in the end of july now and my challenge is to increase verbal from 29 to 37.
I am using resources such as kaplan
qbank, powerscore cr
, mahttan sc, and egmat
I revised all the basic concepts from strategy guides, and then started with OG 13
, my results are
1) SC - Accuracy for General Questions is 70% and Advanced Questions is 60% (the statistics are as per OG archer of manhattan where manhattan has categorized OG questions into general and advanced), the average time for answering the question is less then a min
I have identified my weak areas, and am working on the same to improve on my accuracy at SC
2) CR - Overall accuracy of 75% (almost same for advanced and normal) for OG questions. overall average time required 2 min.
1) I have little time left and i have yet to start reviewing my quant as well, so what do i do now for verbal ? do i again work on my strategy guides ? or do i work on strategies ?
2) Do you think my statistics exhibit possibility of achieving my target of verbal is 36/37 with the accuracy mentioned above (am not counting on RC right now, assuming RC throws similar results)
3) What would you suggest someone with an accuracy of 70% in SC and CR at OG and striving for 36/37 in verbal , is it realistic or too much optimistic?
Try subscribing to a few English language newspapers. For example, the WSJ and NY Times are excellent sources of good prose. There is absolutely nothing more productive you can do with your time than read those or similar newspapers for a couple of months. Guaranteed to radically improve your Verbal score.