Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 22:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please suggest some B-school !!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Please suggest some B-school !!! [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2009, 01:00
Hi All ,
i need a suggestion on whether i should send my application to some of the B-school in US who accept low scores. I have got 560(very bad score) in GMAT last week :cry: . i expected to get around 650 but got crushed under the crunch situation.i have 3.5 years of experience in IT and have very good recommendation from my client as well as PM . i don't want to waste one more year in IT and would like to persue MBA asap. Please advise whether i should give GMAT once again or should move on with this score. Can i get average colleges for MBA/MIS course in US . If yes, then please suggest some name.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 1

Re: Please suggest some B-school !!! [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2009, 08:09
This post received
KUDOS
Its best to retake gmat and improve your scores. I feel its better to get into a better b school even if it means postponing your application by one round or one year than compromising on school. MBA can be a life changing experience if you choose the school and program wisely. Otherwise you might end up wasting 2 precious years and a big amount of money. So be very careful while taking the decision. I have compiled the deadlines of all schools in my blog mad-bubbles<dot>blogspot<dot>com Use it to plan your application process. All the best !

Last edited by madbubbles on 16 Nov 2009, 08:32, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 201 [0], given: 31

Re: Please suggest some B-school !!! [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2009, 08:16
maddykool1 wrote:
Hi All ,
i need a suggestion on whether i should send my application to some of the B-school in US who accept low scores. I have got 560(very bad score) in GMAT last week :cry: . i expected to get around 650 but got crushed under the crunch situation.i have 3.5 years of experience in IT and have very good recommendation from my client as well as PM . i don't want to waste one more year in IT and would like to persue MBA asap. Please advise whether i should give GMAT once again or should move on with this score. Can i get average colleges for MBA/MIS course in US . If yes, then please suggest some name.

definitely retake..you still have time to retake and do applications for R2
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: UT at Austin, Indiana State University, UC at Berkeley
WE 1: 5.5
WE 2: 5.5
WE 3: 6.0
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 52 [1] , given: 16

Re: Please suggest some B-school !!! [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2009, 13:41
This post received
KUDOS
IF MBA is your final degree, you better retake your GMAT and apply to a good business school.
Average business schools in the US is not as good as top ones, and your MBA experience in these schools will be just a waste of time to get MBA Diploma.
560 will not be acceptable score for top 20, so u need to retake it,
Be patient.

Never give up,,,

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [1] , given: 8

Re: Please suggest some B-school !!! [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2009, 16:14
This post received
KUDOS
Exactly. Take your time, settle down and retake. I am pretty much in your position right now as well. Working 2.5 years in an engineering position but would like to move on to business. You will never know how life is going to turn out so do not think staying at your current job would be a waste of time for your future.

Relax and try again.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Please suggest some B-school !!! [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2009, 23:46
Hey guys,
Thanks all for your valuable suggestion....i am really frustrated with the result and am totally blank at this time.....it will take some time to come out of it......anyways, can any one tell me what's the benefit of applying to B-schools in fall rather than in Spring season....i have heard that applying in Fall is always better than in Spring for international students. what is the reason behind that? if there are not too many advantages,can i start preparation and plan my GMAT exam date in month of march to apply for the Dec 2010? or should it be earlier? Please suggest..
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Please suggest some B-school !!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2009, 12:25
Take it again! I scored a 550 on October 16th and was able to improve my performance to a 700 exactly 31 days later. Sometimes the pressure just gets to you...
Re: Please suggest some B-school !!!   [#permalink] 23 Nov 2009, 12:25