Hi Think ISB,
Pls go thru my profile given below
1) Male, 30 , Indian, non IT background, working with Financial Services company. Functionally , i am a part of Business Development Team.
2) Total Experience of Nine Years - Purely Business Development of Financial Services with leading brands of India , core leadership role ( at state / regional level ) and have been leading and managing people for the last seven years ( out of which three years i had been managing people of jr level and for the last four years mid level managers ).
3) 10th == 73% , 12th == 80% ( got national scholarship for being in top 500 studennts from a pool of 80k students of the state )
4) Undergrad === Bachelors in Business Administration ( 65% ) ( year 2000 )
5) One year programme in Business Management from IIM Calcutta ( 06-07 ) ( It's basically a non residential programme , but trust me it didnt make any value addition except a certificate )
6) Got a scholarship of 50% waiver in tuition fees from one of the top 10 business schools of india in the year 2000, on the basis of the entrance test taken for their MBA programme , but i didnt pursue the programme.
7) EC == honestly nothing much to explain except something i should develop by the time i apply.
Pls help me for my questions given below
1) I am yet to appear for my GMAT, I have been scoring around 580-600 , i am not appearing because of my fear that if i score less then 630/640 , my application will be discarded , so pls advise whether i should focus on improving score or should just appear for the GMAT ?
2) Since my job profile is such that i won't ever get any international exposure , so will it hamper my application , because if you are in IT , you get to interact globally because the industry is such whereas my industry doesn't require it.
3) As far as EC are concerned, one of my ex tutor used to tell me , if you dont have interests or any EC then develop one to save yr application is it true ?
4) I wish to shift from Business Development to Consulting , how do you see this as a reason to do an MBA.
5) Pls comment if you can on the strenth of profile for any other US or non US b schools
See the above mentioned things are those which are facts and can't be modified , the only thing left in my hand is GMAT score, i want your opinion that what should be the ideal GMAT score for a profile like me.
Thanks very much