Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
With 10 years WE, it definitely wouldn't be helping you to wait yet another year, unless you have some big plans instore for 2012. You might have trouble getting into full time programs, who will either wonder why someone with 10 years of leadership is not doing an executive MBA, or else why someone with 10 years has not accomplished more and already done the MBA. I would target executive programs and part time or one year programs as you suggest. Your odds of acceptance will be higher if you do. Third round is not as competitive for these programs as it is for full time programs. Your profile would be a challenge for full time programs in the third round--there are simply too many other applicants with a similar but slightly better profile to edge you out. _________________
1) though i have 10 years of experience , i am 31 , and average age for most of the schools - for full time - is in the range of 27-29, i agree 31 is still on higher side, but do u think i stand a chance for full time or not ?
2) if u think third round is too competitive for me , would u suggest me to wait for next year or apply and take a chance ?
3) do you think European business schools would be a better choice as compared to US business schools for my kind of profile ? , i am comfortable working in any part of world.
My recomendation would be to hunker down and get at least 2-3 second round applications in. I think you would find challenges in the third round, as your profile will not be as strong as others from your applicant pool. You could still try, but waiting another year will likely not help you especially if your reasoning for waiting is that you simply got started too late in the application process this year. If you are interested in working in Europe or Asia, you might find some of the European b-schools more forgiving of your longer than average career and GMAT score. Check out IE business school, for example, as a backup... _________________
Thanks , i appreciate your time and valuable inputs, and your insights are helping to take my decision faster because i have to start my essays also and have only some time left.
I just thought to delay the process so that i can apply in the first round of next year, i have two Questions.
1) Do you think if i apply to a few in top 10 of US schools in the first round next year, i might stand for better chance than i apply in 2/3 round this year ?, delaying a year is logical only if i stand any chance considering my age ( will be 32 by the ) and my profile ( bachelors in business admin with strong leadership experience ) in the first round of next year ?
OR do you think i should apply in round 2/3 of this year and take chance ?
2) How do u see my profile for canadian b-schools e.g. rotman round 2, Queens / Schullich - round 2 and asian school like NUS/ NTU / CEIBS - Round 2 ?
3) How do u see my profile for 1y full time mba program at Kellog ? , again their third deadline is only left now
I understand this is subjective question and really depends on my preferences for schools etc. , but since i don't have more time left with me.
Again, much of it depends on what you would do with the next year. If you have some exciting career plans in store over the next 12 months, it might make sense to wait and to first round next year. If your reasoning for delaying is simply because you are worried about the competition for R2 and R3, that is probably not a good reason to delay. _________________
If i re-take and score 700, will it make difference ? , i mean can i apply in the first round with 700 to some of top 15 US schools or you think i should actually drop my idea for top 15 b-schools considering my age ?
I would appreciate and welcome honestly , i believe your frank reply will help me channel my efforts in the right way.
Yes a 700 vs a 650 could indeed make a difference and with your 7-8 years of leadership experience, you could have a good shot at a top 15 school. Applications are definitely down this year, however, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to at least send out a couple of applications in r3 while you still can. You can still retake the GMAT and submit a new score after you have applied, as long as it's before they make their decision. _________________