Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 11:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Plz evaluate my Profile. Thanks

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Aug 2008
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Plz evaluate my Profile. Thanks [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2008, 17:10
Hi,

I will have 4 years of work ex by next June. I work as a Software Engg,I have a GMAT score of 690.

I am also involved into Investing into Stock Markets, and i have a great Interest for Investing,i do blogging,even where i have written some articles on Investing and Financial Markets, although they are at a beginner's level.

My CGPA is 2.8 on 4 ( US Scale) :( , Indian Percentage 78%

Which Univs Do u think i can go ahead and apply for Do i stand a chance?

Thanks,
Ram
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Posts: 1502
Schools: NYU Stern '11
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 22

Re: Plz evaluate my Profile. Thanks [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2008, 17:24
Ram,

why do you want an MBA?

Please post a little more detail about your goals to give the others here a little more perspective. Your GMAT, GPA and employment industry by itself reveals very little.

You're interested in Finance. Ok, is that what you're looking to do post-MBA? IB, Research, Corporate Treasury?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Aug 2008
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Plz evaluate my Profile. Thanks [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2008, 18:28
solaris1 wrote:
Ram,

why do you want an MBA?

Please post a little more detail about your goals to give the others here a little more perspective. Your GMAT, GPA and employment industry by itself reveals very little.

You're interested in Finance. Ok, is that what you're looking to do post-MBA? IB, Research, Corporate Treasury?



IB is what i am looking at. My interest lies in Finance and i want to take this Investing into a big level.Thats my aim.I have even prepared some research reports on companies.( although they are amateur ones). I am actively into Investing and part of Investing Clubs in India. Can u tell me is it possible for me to move from this Software and take up Finance?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 322
Location: Texas
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 10

Re: Plz evaluate my Profile. Thanks [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2008, 19:39
Ramsraj wrote:
solaris1 wrote:
Ram,

why do you want an MBA?

Please post a little more detail about your goals to give the others here a little more perspective. Your GMAT, GPA and employment industry by itself reveals very little.

You're interested in Finance. Ok, is that what you're looking to do post-MBA? IB, Research, Corporate Treasury?



IB is what i am looking at. My interest lies in Finance and i want to take this Investing into a big level.Thats my aim.I have even prepared some research reports on companies.( although they are amateur ones). I am actively into Investing and part of Investing Clubs in India. Can u tell me is it possible for me to move from this Software and take up Finance?


My advice to you is to purchase How to Get Into the Top MBA Programs by Richard Montauk, and read it through. Sorry if you have already read it.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Aug 2008
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Plz evaluate my Profile. Thanks [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2008, 20:00
89nk wrote:
Ramsraj wrote:
solaris1 wrote:
Ram,

why do you want an MBA?

Please post a little more detail about your goals to give the others here a little more perspective. Your GMAT, GPA and employment industry by itself reveals very little.

You're interested in Finance. Ok, is that what you're looking to do post-MBA? IB, Research, Corporate Treasury?



IB is what i am looking at. My interest lies in Finance and i want to take this Investing into a big level.Thats my aim.I have even prepared some research reports on companies.( although they are amateur ones). I am actively into Investing and part of Investing Clubs in India. Can u tell me is it possible for me to move from this Software and take up Finance?


My advice to you is to purchase How to Get Into the Top MBA Programs by Richard Montauk, and read it through. Sorry if you have already read it.


Thnaks, I have not read it before. But may i get ur opinion? Do i sound wrong or u feel the chances are less?
SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Posts: 1502
Schools: NYU Stern '11
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 22

Re: Plz evaluate my Profile. Thanks [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2008, 10:49
You need to think about your goals a little more seriously, Ram. And emphasize how you will make yourself stand out from other IT industry folks considering to make a switch to banking.

Based on the little information you've provided no one can give you a reasonable assessment of your chances.

If you just want names of schools to research for starters, look at NYU Stern, Rochester Simon and Cornell Johnson if banking is indeed what you want to do.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4320
Location: Back in Chicago, IL
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 695 [0], given: 5

Re: Plz evaluate my Profile. Thanks [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2008, 11:21
no where near enough details to really give you an idea. Dont convert your GPA, from what I know a 78% is very good from the top indian schools. Your GMAT is going to be low for your demographic, indian IT types seem to be among the highest scoring. Your career could be a huge plus or minus depending on who you work for and what you do.
_________________

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Plz evaluate my Profile. Thanks   [#permalink] 20 Aug 2008, 11:21
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic plz evaluate my profile kingb 1 25 Apr 2013, 15:03
Experts publish their posts in the topic plz evaluate my profile kingb 1 25 Apr 2013, 15:02
Experts publish their posts in the topic plz evaluate my profile diado 2 12 Jan 2010, 18:43
Experts publish their posts in the topic Plz evaluate my profile PriyaRai 3 24 Nov 2008, 13:49
Experts publish their posts in the topic plz evaluate my profile !!! lefty 1 14 Nov 2005, 05:34
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Plz evaluate my Profile. Thanks

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: OasisGC



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.