Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 04:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Poor GMAT scores :(

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Poor GMAT scores :( [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2003, 18:07
Hi Members,

I'm new to this club & I have found the info very useful for GMAT takers. It seems like most member here have @ least 600+ GMAT score...When I read that certain people would even retake their GMAT though they have scores like 650...I wish I could have @ least 550, but I don't know if my strategies are wrong or what, that I keep getting less than 500 :cry: . I don't how to improve, or am I just one of those few people who just can't take exams like that??? I have the Kaplan 2004 edition with the CD, OG and PR. I did a lot of practice @ least 20 hours/week, but scores never went up more than 500 :roll: .

Will anyone be kind enough to advice me??? Thanks!

Pumpkin
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

[#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2003, 04:47
Hey, never question your ability; learning to pass a gmat - it's a question of acquired skills, not of an inherent genius. Browse this forum (read the previously posted topics) and you will find everything you are asking for. :wink:
Intern
Intern

Thanks [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2003, 11:57
Hey thanks for your encouragement :-D , I've been studying this GMAT for 3 months & still no significant improvements on my real GMAT scores, feel like giving up, but I can't coz' if I do, I can't be admitted to grad school....Will just do my best :P
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Re: Thanks [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2003, 01:59
pumpkin031 wrote:
Hey thanks for your encouragement :-D , I've been studying this GMAT for 3 months & still no significant improvements on my real GMAT scores, feel like giving up, but I can't coz' if I do, I can't be admitted to grad school....Will just do my best :P

If you are serious abt the Business schools and do not mind paying some money, take a class offered by companies like
-Kaplan (http://www.kaptest.com/repository/templ ... iness/GMAT)

- Manhattan GMAT (http://www.manhattangmat.com/home.htm)

- Princeton Review (http://www.princetonreview.com/mba/test ... &TYPE=GMAT)

Though they charge quite a lot, they are supposed to be effective. I personally have not taken any of the courses, but other readers could potentially provide first hand feedback.

Altough, I did attend one of the Kaplan marketing talks to sell their tutoring service, and thought some of the ideas/strategies that the presenter talked about were quite impressive.

In GMAT I guess, strategy and practise (being able to apply the strategies) are the key to sucess, more than any other skills or abilities.

All the best..
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2003, 21:04
If you've been studying on your own for three months and really aren't getting anywhere, then take a class. You can finance them (well, PR offers this, I honestly don't know if the other companies do), and the attention of a trained instructor will really make a difference. Take a PR class - they have very small classes (only 8 students), they try to group you with other students with similar strengths and weaknesses, and you get more one-on-one attention with them. The course materials kick ass, too. :-)
Director
Director
GPA: 3.82
WE: Account Management (Retail Banking)
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 144 [0], given: 75

Re: Poor GMAT scores :( [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 19:04
I got my score today with Reading 18,Listening 22,speaking 24 & Writing 28, a total of 92.
Please suggest me whether sectional cutoffs are required by the universities, and even if they require then do i need to take the test again keeping in mind that i have 18 in Reading?

Please suggest!

" Make more efforts "
Press Kudos if you liked my post

Manager
Manager
GPA: 2.3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 115

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Poor GMAT scores :( [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2012, 07:36
If you have been preparing and studying hard and not getting the required score then this means that your approach is not correct. Get enrolled in a course such as that of Manhattan, Kaplan etc. If you are busy and cannot take out time to visit the coaching centers then you may opt for online courses such as GMATPill. Do remember that if you are not born with a silver spoon then you have to become a goldsmith in order to make a silver spoon for yourself. I too am a non native and a mediocre but I am working hard to acquire the skills that are required to get the desired score.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Consider to give me kudos if my post helped you.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.92
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Poor GMAT scores :( [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2012, 03:33
Try my blog for devising the strategy for preparation -
gmayexecmba.blogspot.com

pumpkin031 wrote:
Hi Members,

I'm new to this club & I have found the info very useful for GMAT takers. It seems like most member here have @ least 600+ GMAT score...When I read that certain people would even retake their GMAT though they have scores like 650...I wish I could have @ least 550, but I don't know if my strategies are wrong or what, that I keep getting less than 500 :cry: . I don't how to improve, or am I just one of those few people who just can't take exams like that??? I have the Kaplan 2004 edition with the CD, OG and PR. I did a lot of practice @ least 20 hours/week, but scores never went up more than 500 :roll: .

Will anyone be kind enough to advice me??? Thanks!

Pumpkin

Regards
BUZZZ
www.gmatexecmba.blogspot.com

Re: Poor GMAT scores :(   [#permalink] 06 Dec 2012, 03:33