Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:43 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72862 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
but my CR [#permalink]
however, I got 4 CR wrong, which I really think I can improve upon. Also, since I will be applying to schools with relatively little work experience, I really want to do well in those areas I can control (test score) to make up for those I cannot (age/experience). So I got two LSAT books and have been working through their CR section, to polish that up...would much rather overstudy than understudy.

As sick as it sounds, my study habits have become part of my day, and look forward to learning and improving everyday!

Good luck!
GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 468 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Haas, MFE; Anderson, MBA; USC, MSEE
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just my observation and from those of my students, the Q section of the GMAT "appears" to be a little tougher than that of the PP exams. I took the GMAT twice in the last 6 months and was surprised at how difficult the Q section was and how close I came to running out of time (i have never even come close to running out of time on any practice exam).

BEfore anyone attacks me, this is just my personal observation and secondhand observations from over a dozen of my students. Your mileage may vary.
Eternal Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1479 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
How similar was your score to PP?

Tests are graded on a curve, if tougher, it depends on how you do to others. Yooho, AkamiBrah :twisted:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have been practicing and studying for 3 months using Kaplan, PR and the Official Guide. Did the Powerprep two times and got 700, then went and took the real GMAt and got an awful 480 mainly because I sucked at the quantitative part. So my experience is that the real GMAT ( the quatitave part actually) is much much tougher than the powerprep. I want to retake it, but really don't know what else to do to improve my score.
Some of the questions I got in the test I had never seen in none of the preparation books. I mean, really weird and hard stuff. Anybody has advise for me as to what to do next to improve my Quant score?
Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I would make it a point to get really good at Kaplan Quant questions.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72862 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
callita wrote:
I have been practicing and studying for 3 months using Kaplan, PR and the Official Guide. Did the Powerprep two times and got 700, then went and took the real GMAt and got an awful 480 mainly because I sucked at the quantitative part. So my experience is that the real GMAT ( the quatitave part actually) is much much tougher than the powerprep. I want to retake it, but really don't know what else to do to improve my score.
Some of the questions I got in the test I had never seen in none of the preparation books. I mean, really weird and hard stuff. Anybody has advise for me as to what to do next to improve my Quant score?
Thanks.

I think GMAC attempts to make you see new things on the GMAT - they have ignored this for a few years; I think up till a year or two ago, and now they attempt to bring in new and un-explored GMAT questions so that you could not prepare in advance, but rather face something new on the test day. They figured they had to test not math, but rather something more and one ways I guess is to get you faced with an un-usual problem you never solved. This is how I see it.

Probably Kaplan and their hard questions will be very helpful.

BB
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]