Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 12:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Powerscore CR Bible

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Powerscore CR Bible [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2011, 14:24
Quick question(s) for anyone who has used this book--

What is the general level of difficulty of the questions at the end of each chapter? Aside from question difficulty, how closely do these questions resemble the real GMAT CR questions in terms of language and answer choice patterns?

Also, as I am reading each chapter I am taking notes, reviewing each answer (correct and incorrect) and employing the strategies listed. Is there anything else I should be doing to maximize the usefulness of this book?

Thank you.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stern (R1), Tuck (R2-admit), Sloan (R2)
WE 1: 6.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Powerscore CR Bible [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2011, 10:37
I used this book to fix my CR issues.. its worth spending time in the detailed chapters.. what i used to do, other than taking down notes, was pick related questions from OG and solve them after each chapter. say for eg. after completing the strength and weakness chapter, pick 10 questions from OG which ask for strength/weakness and try to solve them applying what you have read..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 115

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Powerscore CR Bible [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2011, 13:16
ibbys wrote:
Quick question(s) for anyone who has used this book--

What is the general level of difficulty of the questions at the end of each chapter? Aside from question difficulty, how closely do these questions resemble the real GMAT CR questions in terms of language and answer choice patterns?

Also, as I am reading each chapter I am taking notes, reviewing each answer (correct and incorrect) and employing the strategies listed. Is there anything else I should be doing to maximize the usefulness of this book?

Thank you.

I'm using this book for my CR review. I'm not sure on the difficulty level of the questions. The method that I use is similar to what you are doing: read the chapter,take notes, re-read the chap,if required and then solve the Quest at the end of the chapter and then move on to OG.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Fuqua
WE 1: Research in Neurology
WE 2: MORE research in Neurology
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 55

GMAT Tests User
Re: Powerscore CR Bible [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2011, 08:35
The questions at the end of each chapter are specific to the material covered in the chapter, because you JUST reviewed the information and usually it's only on a limited number of topics, you should get most of them correct. What makes reading and using CR bible worthwhile is translating it to OG questions and strategy.

Back to the grind, goal 700+

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Powerscore CR Bible [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2012, 03:29
I'm reading that book nowadays.some end chapter questions are easy enough but some others (like assumption chapter) are very tough .I think it is not enough to read the book only once
Re: Powerscore CR Bible   [#permalink] 25 Jul 2012, 03:29