Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 07:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

practice CATs

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
practice CATs [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2007, 21:47
i also posted this on the other forum but just in case:

question, how many CAT's should one do before feeling ready for the real thing? i realize this is a subjective question but i just wanted to see generally how many people do before and the consistency - more than one a week right before? or more spaced out? i've been doing once a week and finally hit my target score last week (although not the best of my ability, still plenty of room for improvement!). and also if anyone has noticed certain CAT formats being more lenient with the score than others (i.e. MGMAT vs powerprep or gmatprep) thanks for any input.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2007, 20:27
I think that, depending on your progress and your target score, 4-6 tests would be sufficient. Adjust as you need to. One a week is fine. I read early on that doing practice questions, untimed, on weeknights, followed by full, timed tests on weekends, was the way to go. Get into a groove with one question type at a time, then move on to the next.

As far as I know, the only practice tests that are adaptive are GMATPrep, Powerprep, Princeton Review and Manhattan GMAT. Of those, GMATPrep is most essential Powerprep is old, but still useful. I would do the PR tests before doing the Powerprep tests. Very much like GMATPrep. MGMAT is becoming notorious for overly complicated quant questions, but if you don't freak out at that, then they'd still be worth doing if you want additional tests.
  [#permalink] 22 Oct 2007, 20:27