Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 05:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Practice makes perfect?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Practice makes perfect? [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2012, 13:20
Hi all,
This is my first post, so be kind! I'm not new to the forum, just new to posting. I just finished my first "official" practice test and I was presently surprised! It was one of the two practice tests you get when you sign up. I planned my day according to my actual dest day plan. Ok. So enought with that. I have three questions:

1) When I finished the test, specifically the math section, I felt extremely defeated. As if I had "bombed the test". That's why I was pleasantly surprised when I got my score back. I know it depends on the person, but does anyone else feel that way? I guess that's just the way you feel after a standardized test.

2) Again, I know it depends on the person, but do you feel you feel that the practice test scores are pretty "in-line" with your official score? I'm wondering if my brain will function better under the pressure of the actual test. For example, if you consistently scored 600 - 620 on practice tests, did you actually score a 600 - 620 on the real test?

3) Has anyone actually taking the real test? What is the notepad like? Is it worth buying on Amazon, or is it a natural feeling? Is there another thread dedicated to this?

Thanks for all the input!

- David
Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 86

Kudos [?]: 490 [0], given: 432

Premium Member
Re: Practice makes perfect? [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2012, 06:31
Expert's post
I will go ahead and assume that we're talking about the GMATPrep software.

1. I actually saved the two GMATPrep tests until the end. Although I never felt "extremely defeated" prior to seeing my score, I thought my performance was just okay. I've read about others who felt great about their performance, but were ultimately disappointed by their actual score. And then there are still others who have a good sense of what's going on in terms of their score. As you pointed out, it all depends on the person. :wink:

2. The GMATPrep was very close to my actual score. It's the most realistic and accurate test simulation available for the GMAT.

3. The test center's notepad is essentially identical to what Manhattan sells. It was a good purchase for me. For more info, see here: manhattan-gmat-test-simulation-booklet-w-dry-erase-marker-94084.html

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Schools: Sloan '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 11

Re: Practice makes perfect? [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2012, 21:52
I bought the notepad myself as well and found it very useful during practice tests.
Re: Practice makes perfect?   [#permalink] 17 Apr 2012, 21:52