Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 17:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Preferred Candidate ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GPA: 3.92
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Preferred Candidate ? [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 05:30
Hi,
I have got a mail from University of Notre Dame MBA Program saying that I am a Preferred Candidate.
My profile GMAT (570 q-43/v-26) awa 5.0 CGPA -3.4 Indian IT male 2 yr WE...good extracurricular activities+ state level table tennis player
The mean GMAT score at this university is 700! so I am bit confused . Would be great if someone can shed light on this school and future prospects after passing out from here.
How is this school in comparison to Rutgers business school?

Thanks,
enigma88
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 122

Kudos [?]: 607 [0], given: 114

Re: Preferred Candidate ? [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 08:06
When you took the GMAT, did you put them down as one of the schools that you'd like to have access to your score?? It is very possible that they are just using a marketing effort to increase applications, and have sent this out to everyone that put them down as a possible school. Once I took the GMAT I started to get emails from Pepperdine b/c I put them down as a safety... but now I'm not going to be applying.

It's kind of like the credit card offer I got in the mail yesterday: "We have built a plan specifically for you". Ya right, you just want me to get your credit card...

Notre dame had an 80% range last year of 600-750. Although this is a very wide range, you are still outside of it which will make it a challenge for you. I wouldn't say that you have no shot, but it would be a real stretch, especially b/c of your backround in IT, only 2 years WE, and that demographic that you are up against (typically having high GMATs).

Notre Dame (37th according to US News) is more highly ranked than Rutgers (57th according to US news).

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GPA: 3.92
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Preferred Candidate ? [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 08:25
Hi GMATLA,
Thats what surprised me. I did not put them down as one of the recipient of my score. I mail says they got information from GMASS. Do you think awa score had something to do with it? just a thought ..
Also this was not my first attempt earlier I had scored 560 (q-48/v-20) awa 4.0 couple of years back.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 122

Kudos [?]: 607 [0], given: 114

Re: Preferred Candidate ? [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 08:32
http://www.gmac.com/gmac/SchoolServices/GMASS/

I don't think it has anything to do with your AWA, b/c they could care less about the AWA. Half the AWA is gone in just few months and will be replaced by another section.

In fact, GMASS is just a sector of GMAC (see link above). When you signed up for the GMAT, you must not have opted out of all the possible emails you could recieve. My idea that it is marketing from Notre Dame is still my best explanation.

I would go onto your GMAC account and opt out of all marketing material or contact Notre Dame and see if they like something about your profile. But my advice if you'd like to attend Mendoza Bschool is to retake the GMAT to try to get higher up into their 80% range.

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Preferred Candidate ?   [#permalink] 29 Feb 2012, 08:32