I've already to applied to 2 part time programs and am awaiting feedback. I am wondering if you can take a look at my profile to see my chances at the following PT programs -
UCLA Anderson Part time
USC Marshall Part-time
- 26 year old Chinese-American Male (27 by the time program starts)
- 3.5 years WE (1.5 in project management in software company, 2.5 years in financial analyses and product costing for Fortune 500 co)
- 0 years in direct people management experience
- 710 GMAT
- 2.5 GPA in Electrical Engineering (school currently ranked 45th in nation)
- have taken an econ class with "A" since college; currently enrolled in management principles and accounting all in hopes to show that I can perform well academically (basically counter my weak GPA)
- decent essays
- good recos.
- track record of volunteer experience from high school to college to full-time employee. Leadership role in 1 major community service festival. Currently volunteering at an elementary school (located in economically disadvantaged area)
I am not looking to do a full career-switch as I'd like to stick with a Finance related role; more specifically Corporate Finance
I was originally planning on applying Full-time to both schools, but my GPA is quite weak so I feel the part time program may be more lenient.
Your only real negative is the GPA, but your GMAT and post-BA coursework help to compensate for it. Your lack of formal leadership roles is not unusual, and I assume that you have some informal leadership stories. I think you are competitive at UCLA's part-time program and more than competitive for USC's. You might actually have a shot at USC's full-time program.
Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance
Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter