1. I work as an associate advisor at a wealth management firm. I manage relationships with high-net worth clients and I also work directly with the CIO in conducting investment research and building relationships with fund-managers. I have three years of experience in that role.
2. GMAT = 700 (47Q/39V)
3. University of Washington – Finance. 3.34 GPA. Graduated 2010.
4. Extra-curricular activities include:
- Founded an investment club that specializes in options trading.
- Life-enhancement volunteer at a senior home.
- Received TEFL certification in advance of teaching English abroad the spring/summer before enrollment.
5. Series 65
6. Target Programs:
Reach tier: Kellogg, Ross, Booth, Yale (any shot with these?)
Other tier: Carlson, Mendoza, Wisconsin
7. Post-MBA goal is a career in investment consulting.
Also, I’m a white male and 25 years old – thanks in advance!
You have a decent shot at Ross and maybe Yale. Kellogg and Booth would be unlikely acceptances. You have a competitive profile for Carlson, Mendoza, and Wisconsin. Would you consider LBS?
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog