Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 21:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Eval/School Suggestions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
BSchool Thread Master
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 550 Q30 V36
GMAT 2: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 3: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.27
WE: Corporate Finance (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 70

Reviews Badge
Profile Eval/School Suggestions [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2012, 07:56

Experience
-Marketing internship at a large frozen snack food company
-Supervisor at large food/event service provider for sporting events, also supervised at Starbucks for about 8 months
-Worked with a best-selling author/business consultant (assisted in developing/conducting interviews and compiling data for a recently published book on customer experience, worked as a project manager with this company)
-Worked in a call center for a mutual fund company where my position was outsourced to another company, was asked to go to that company with a promotion, stayed at that company for a short period of time
-Ended up back at the mutual fund company that I was previously employed with in an analyst role.

GMAT - 660 (41Q 40V)
College - La Salle University (3.39 GPA) Business Administration major (concentrations in marketing/management), Philadelphia, PA
College ECs - Participated in PEER Educators group on campus, hosted a weekly radio show, led incoming freshmen group during opening weekend
Post-College - participated in interviewing applicants to measure their fit for my former university, currently working with the university to launch an alumni group for my area.

Certifications - Series 6 and 63 licensed (financial industry licenses - not really related to my ultimate career goals, however)

Target program - UW Foster

I'm looking to get into customer loyalty and analytics. So far my heart is set on UW but I need to expand my search in case I don't make into their program. I'm also looking at UI Urbana-Champaign, UT-Austin. I have decent experience and I've moved up a few times in my field (one "lateral" promotion and two actual promotions in less than two years) Would really appreciate suggestions on other schools that would fit my profile.

Thanks so much for your help!

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." - Walt Disney

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 339 [1] , given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Eval/School Suggestions [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2012, 21:06
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
RyanCJW wrote:

Experience
-Marketing internship at a large frozen snack food company
-Supervisor at large food/event service provider for sporting events, also supervised at Starbucks for about 8 months
-Worked with a best-selling author/business consultant (assisted in developing/conducting interviews and compiling data for a recently published book on customer experience, worked as a project manager with this company)
-Worked in a call center for a mutual fund company where my position was outsourced to another company, was asked to go to that company with a promotion, stayed at that company for a short period of time
-Ended up back at the mutual fund company that I was previously employed with in an analyst role.

GMAT - 660 (41Q 40V)
College - La Salle University (3.39 GPA) Business Administration major (concentrations in marketing/management), Philadelphia, PA
College ECs - Participated in PEER Educators group on campus, hosted a weekly radio show, led incoming freshmen group during opening weekend
Post-College - participated in interviewing applicants to measure their fit for my former university, currently working with the university to launch an alumni group for my area.

Certifications - Series 6 and 63 licensed (financial industry licenses - not really related to my ultimate career goals, however)

Target program - UW Foster

I'm looking to get into customer loyalty and analytics. So far my heart is set on UW but I need to expand my search in case I don't make into their program. I'm also looking at UI Urbana-Champaign, UT-Austin. I have decent experience and I've moved up a few times in my field (one "lateral" promotion and two actual promotions in less than two years) Would really appreciate suggestions on other schools that would fit my profile.

Thanks so much for your help!

I'm concerned about your quant score in a program that obviously is highly quantitative. Your overall score and grades appear competitive for UW, but that quant could be a deal-breaker. Lots of As in your undergrad quant classes may allay my concern somewhat.

You may also want to consider the Rochester Simon MS in Business Analytics and UT McCombs MS in Business Analytics, but I would have the same concern about your quant score at those two programs too.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 22

Re: Profile Eval/School Suggestions [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 19:31
This post received
KUDOS
I agree with the suggestion about Simon (Rochester) for the business analytics. The school is known for having a strong quantitative group, especially in Marketing. They also hired a professor in operations doing business analytics with focus on Twitter, so if the program uses some of the expertise, it would be a good option.