Can you please evaluate my profile and give your valuable inputs whenever you find time?
Please find below a summary of my profile:
Education: Engineering undergraduate (2006 batch) in Chemical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). Have minors in Finance management during undergrad.
CGPA: 6.14 on a 10 scale. Above 90 % during secondary education
Work Ex: Approx five years till date.
2006-2008: Worked as Project engineer for first two years in industrial water Treatment Company in India.
2008-2010: worked as a Product Engineer (launched and successfully developed a new water technology for Indian market as this company enters into a Joint Venture with a French company, which is a global leader in water treatment business.
2010 October to date: Working as Process engineer in the Indian office of a Canadian MNC.
1. Team leader of a 90 km long cycle expedition team
2. Member of national cadet cops ( have certificate for this)
3. Volunteer for college cultural fest and member of Hostel cricket team
GMAT: Aiming for 750. I am giving exam in July first week
IELTS: Giving exam in June.
Post MBA-aspirations: To work in consulting or operations for a Global company:
My strengths as I see:
Worked with business partners from Europe and North America.
Good Communication skills
5 yrs Work ex.
My weakness as I see:
Low GPA in under grad.
Not reached managerial level as of now.
No international work ex
In general I need your comments on my profile and also timing and the schools to target. In specific, if you can, please answer to my below concerns.
1. Should you think I should wait to get my MBA?
2. As of now, I have short listed schools like SDA Bacconi (Italy), Rotman (Canada), Sauder (British Columbia), Carlson ( Minnesota)? All of these schools, I know are good but not even near TOP 20 globally. Do you think if I work on my profile and put my best foot forward during applications, I can start targeting top 20 global B-schools?
3. Can you please suggest some schools which may suit my profile?
Thanks in advance.