Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:03 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:HBS, Booth, Yale, INSEAD, Ross
 Q49  V41
GPA: 3.46
WE 1: Infrastructure Project-Coordinator -2 yrs
WE 2: Infrastructure Project- Planning Incharge : International Project
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:HBS, Booth, Yale, INSEAD, Ross
 Q49  V41
GPA: 3.46
WE 1: Infrastructure Project-Coordinator -2 yrs
WE 2: Infrastructure Project- Planning Incharge : International Project
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
auman wrote:
To answer your question on the later year score. I did get 3.3/4.0 for my final sem if that matters at all. I actually dont think my undergrad scores can be viewed in the same yardstick as the scores one would attain in a US undergrad program. For one the scoring is on an absolute basis and not on the curve or relative basis. So the gold medalist in my university had a 3.4 GPA which is a lot better than mine but still might seem average to those who think the grading is done in the same manner it is in the US. Again another factor is the grading or marking schemes vary from university to another in india which is another factor to consider. If i were in Tamil Nadu i would be disappointed if i dont get a 3.2 and would be considered a retard if i got less than 3.0 whereas in my state a 2.9 or 70% + is actually quite respectable although i must emphasis it does not reflect my true potential. I guess it was a tad lower because i goofed around a lot :-D. Not to mention my engagements in placement coordination work.

Auman

Adcom has pretty good idea of academic institutions and grading system in India, thanks to so many applicants they have to evaluate every year. Anything in 2.something is going to raise eyebrows. Period. If you think your grades are good, do try to provide a class rank or something similar to put them in right perspective. Did you do your undergrad from IIT as well? If yes, it will help you.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]